Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Urinary and Bladder Disorders Forum

Bursting for the toilet

Must Read
One in five women will develop a UTI during her life. But what are UTIs? and what causes this type of infection?...
Why are women more at risk of developing UTI than men? Read here for more on what causes urinary tract infections and what puts you at risk of UTI....
A UTI can affect the bladder, kidney, ureters and/or the urethra. Learn which symptoms indicate urinary tract infection, complications and when to seek help....
I have been tested for a uti but am clear, for about the past six months this has slowly got worse. Mornings are worse, when I wake up I cannot hold my pee at all I have to go immediately, even if I've had to go in the night. During the normal daytime when I feel I need to go it comes on very quickly and I am dying to go in minutes, I used to be able to hold on but lately I can't. I usually can't do the half hour journey home from work without stopping and in the night I dash to the loo at least twice, I had a test where I had to pee when I got to the surgery but I couldn't hold it between 5am and 9am when my appointment was, when I gave the sample it was clear of diabetes. When I do go I can't stop and start, I find it impossible to stop, when I do want to go it's a very sudden strong urge and is a strong uncontrollable stream which is embarrassing sometimes in public. At home if someone's in the bathroom I have to go in a bottle. Is there anything I can do to try and cure this, my bladder has suddenly become seriously weak!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied August 12th, 2011
Extremely eHealthy
u need to see your dr and he will give u a digital exam for enlarged prostate, there are meds like FLOWMAX he can prescribe and if u want to spend the money about $3500. there r methods of shrinking the prostate but most insurance will not pay
good luck
|
Did you find this post helpful?