Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Arthritis Forum

Bursitis of the hips

Must Read
Arthritis is the most common cause of disability in the United States. Learn more about types of arthritis here....
Do you feel pain and stiffness in your body or have trouble moving around? You might have arthritis. Learn more about arthritis signs and symptoms here....
Signs and symptoms of rheumatic diseases are common to many different diseases. Diagnose arthritis correctly using these step-by-step diagnosis instructions....
I have had bursitis of the hips for 2 years. I have been to my family doctor, been referred to a back doctor, add MRI and x-rays. In the beginning I was having sharp pain when I would lie down to go to sleep when I would sleep on my side. I would flip flop like a fish all night long because of pain in my hips. I went to the doctor and they referred me for MRI and X-rays. I was sent to physical therapy and then the therapist said he helped me all that he could that I would need steroid injections. I have gotten 3 injections 3 months a part and I still have stiffness in my joints and have trouble sleeping on my side. I can't exercise without pain. When I sit for a while and then get up I am so stiff it takes me a while to feel like I can start walking. My doctor said I can only have 3 injections and then he said there is a procedure where they take my blood out and spin it and then put it back in my body. I am wondering how dangerous this is and could this cause we problems in the future having this procedure done. I have been prescribed a joint pain cream that has ketamine, tramadol, bupivacaine, clonidine and flurbiprofen in it. I have been putting it on 4 times a day. I don't know what to do next. Do you think I need a second opinion on my condition. I am a fast walking and have been my whole life have I caused this problem by walking too fast all the time>
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied November 25th, 2013
Hi Pugger
Tried to reply before and it disappeared? It sounds like your doctor and physio have been good as I think the only treatment for this is steroids injections or bursa removal.
My dad and I both got told we had bursitis, dad had it much worse than me. I got told mine was cos had a new knee and my walking style had cuased it. We attended physio and got the elctrotherapy but both physio's now say we have weaknesses in our backs which I dont think is the case....
Maybe a 2nd opinion for you may be an option? It can't hurt eh?

Good Luck...

Fossie
|
Did you find this post helpful?