Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Hernia Forum

Burping after abdominal hernia surgery

Must Read
We review the definition of a hiatal hernia, what causes it, and types of hernias in this Introduction to Hiatal Hernia....
Do you know the difference between a small and large hiatal hernia? Know when to seek medical help? Hiatal hernia symptoms and more here....
Hiatal hernias are diagnosed clinically. But what lab tests and procedures can help confirm hiatal hernia? We review the medical exams here....
I had an abdominal hernia fixed about 3 weeks ago by surgery (the surgeon sewed the muscle). I am suffering of a lot of burping. Is this going to go away? What is it causing it?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied November 28th, 2011
Whenever my hernia goes back in, I have severe discomfort that makes me want to pass gas or burp constantly. It's so bad that I actually walk and jump around to make the hernia fall back out so it doesn't give me the discomfort. This is one of the reasons I'm super scared of my impending surgery....what if a repaired hernia will give me more pain and discomfort than right now.

I assume it happens because the repaired hernia (organs put back in their place) are sitting on or putting pressure on other organs.

Do you feel any other discomfort related to this kind of discomfort?
|
Did you find this post helpful?