Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Urinary and Bladder Disorders Forum

burns very bad when i pee, bladder infection or herpes sores

Must Read
One in five women will develop a UTI during her life. But what are UTIs? and what causes this type of infection?...
Why are women more at risk of developing UTI than men? Read here for more on what causes urinary tract infections and what puts you at risk of UTI....
A UTI can affect the bladder, kidney, ureters and/or the urethra. Learn which symptoms indicate urinary tract infection, complications and when to seek help....
User Profile
So I just found out yesterday that my boyfriend and I have gential herpes. I have never had intercorse with anyone but him and he gets tested every 3 months since he started having intercorse. It's odd and I don't know how we got them. Also I was told I have a bladder infection too. So my question is everytime I have to urinate it burns really bad and I have tired pouring water on myself as I urinate to dolut it and standing in the shower with the water on to urinate but it still burns. I have got to the point now for like the past two and a half days to were I am afraid to go urinate. It burns so bad, I start to cry. Is this due to the bladder infection or due to my herpes sores? Is there anything I can do to stop it from burning?

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied July 11th, 2012
Vaginal and Uterus Health Answer A36955
Hi,
Welcome to ehealthforum,
The symptoms that you describe could be attributed to the UTI/bladder infection. Visit your doctor/gynecologist at the earliest for thorough evaluation and urine analysis, vaginal/vulval swab/smear test (from the affected area) to look for causative agent. Get started on treatment as appropriate (based on examination and investigations results) to help you control the symptoms. Be in regular monitoring and follow-up with your treating doctor/gynecologist and report any new/abnormal symptoms immediately. Drink plenty of water. Take adequate rest. Maintain healthy diet and lifestyle. Avoid vaginal douching, use of harsh soap or perfumes in the area. Use loose cotton undergarments and avoid use of tight fitting clothes. Avoid sweat accumulation in the area. Keep area clean and dry. If infective cause is detected, and if you are sexually active, get your partner also treated simultaneously to prevent chances of re-infection, and avoid having intercourse while being on treatment.
Take care.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Urinary and Bladder Disorders , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.