Medical Questions > Mens Health > Sexual Health - Men Forum

Burns on genitals

Must Read
Minor and more serious burns account for over 2 million doctor visits each year. But what is a burn? And what happens to the skin when it gets burned?...
Why are children at risk of burns? And what agents can cause the skin to burn? More on causes of skin burns and risk factors you can avoid here....
When should you seek medical help for a skin burn? We review common symptoms of burned skin as well as symptoms of airway burns here....
Well...last night I spilled hot water (nearly boiling) on to my lap. I went to the ER and was told I have a second degree burn on my left leg. I I got a cream and Tylenol with codeine. I woke up this morning and looked down while putting on the lotion...well my penis looks slightly charred on the top of the shaft. As well as a small amount on top of the testicles. I really do not want to have to go to the hospital again...embarrasing. What could happen?? I am extremely worried and just need some answers on what to do and what could happen to me. I am the most worried about my testicles...could this stop me from having children?
Please help...
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied March 26th, 2010
Hi there, thank you for posting your question on Ehealthforum. This is not intended as a substitute to visiting your own doctor.

What you have got on tip of penis and over scrotum is almost certainly superficial and should have no long-term ill-effects whatsoever.

Dr Andrew Rynne.

www.andrewrynne.com

|
Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Sexual Health - Men , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.