Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Acid Reflux Forum

burning stomach

Must Read
Abdominal pain and bellyaches are common. Though most cases of abdominal pain aren't serious, sometimes you will need to see a doctor. We’ll review some of...
Abdominal pain can be uncomfortable but is very common. But when is pain in the abdomen serious? Learn how to describe your symptoms more accurately so that yo...
It's important to "know your pain" to help your doctor diagnose the reason behind abdominal pain. Read on for more tools and information about how to diagnose ...
User Profile
so i have acid reflux and i have pills.. but now for about 1 month or so my stomach burns and hurts.. i eat and i feel soo sick i wanna throw up.. it feels like its constantly acid in my throat. how can i help any idea??
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied January 23rd, 2009
Extremely eHealthy
Burning pain in stomach, below your breast bone, felt on contact with food, leading to nausea, vomiting, feeling of fullness, belching and heartburn, may indicate presence of peptic stomach ulcer.
Helicobacter pylori infection is usually associated with this condition.
Course of antibiotic treatment would be helpful.

Talk with your physician!

Best wishes!
Marija
|

replied January 25th, 2009
that could definitely be an ulcer. H.pylori is often associated with ulcers (as the person above me mentioned), but that's not always the case. Your doctor can do a simple test to see if that's part of the cause, and a 3 or 4 drug course generally takes care of it.

What pills are you taking?
|