Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Stomach, Ulcers, Gastric Bypass Forum

burning stomach pains and diarrhea

Must Read
Basic facts on diarrhea here, including the difference between acute and chronic diarrhea. Learn to identify each....
What causes diarrhea? We outline the most common causes of diarrhea (viruses, bacteria, and medications) and let you know when to seek medical help....
Learn how to prepare yourself when seeing a doctor for diarrhea. Know which medical exams and tests to expect, and also which questions to ask. Start here....
Three nights ago, I believe I had food poisoning from eating some bad, undercooked meat from a fast food chain. I vomited 8 times and received diarrhea as well. It's three days later and my stomach has a very strong burning sensation to it now. I try to go to the bathroom and I still have loose stools, but this pain in my stomach is unbearable. What could be causing this?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied October 16th, 2008
Experienced User
The symptoms could be caused of any number of things that you ate --- the food that you consumed could contain viral, parasitic or bacterial infection. I suggest that you go immediately to your doctor's office and request that your stool sample be taken for examination. They will look at the contents on a microscopic level and be able help you diagnose and treat the cause.
|
Did you find this post helpful?