Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Ear, Nose and Throat Disorders Forum

burning smell

Must Read
Do you know the three main reasons we cough? Learn common causes of cough and when coughing might indicate a more serious health problem....
Coughing is normal. But what can cause more troublesome coughs? Learn more about possible causes of cough here....
When should you see a doctor about cough symptoms? When are symptoms a sign of further complications? Learn about cough symptoms basics here....
from last 3 wks I always smell burning smell, and I feel my nose is dry.
Please help
enam
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied October 28th, 2009
Nose Smell
me too! what do we do?
|

replied December 16th, 2009
I too have a burning smell in my nose that comes and goes. This started about a year ago, and I attributed it to my work environment because there were car fumes, being a service/parts place. But I have been away from there for several months now and it can happen anywhere.Its a smoky smell, but not a horrible smell and there's a burning in my nostrils like I'm inhaling hot air. If I am talking during this phenomena my voice seems strained, like it's an effort to continue speaking as it would be if one were trying to talk while standing near camp fire smoke. It's annoying and I am surprised that so many people experience the same thing. I never even told anybody, not even my spouse, because it seems crazy.I am healthy, do not take medications, get the occasional headache, am 2 years into menopause, take vitamins and green drinks. Drinks lots of water, and am not overweight. I do use those nose strips at night though for a diviated septum. I been using them for about 3 years.I would like to know whats going on.
Any suggestions?
|

User Profile
replied March 22nd, 2010
I suffer from burning smell that comes and go as well, I had lost my sense of smell and taste a couple of years ago after suffering from pneumonia. The MRI and ultrasound did not show anything abnormal. The smell is so strong like if wires or campire is burning in my nose and affects my stomach. I have an office job so I had never being exposed to any type of chemicals or fumes.
Please help!!!!
Guadalupe
|

replied April 14th, 2011
Smell smoke?
This might sound too simple, but I was experiencing the same symptoms. I think I may have figured out part of the problem. I had been eating smoked almonds periodically as a snack at work. They are coated with a powder that contains natural hickory smoke.

I think the fine particles were sticking to my fingers, getting on my clothes, and taking up residency up inside my nose.

Stopped eating the almonds, got rid of the container, and two weeks later, I no longer smell the smoke.

Maybe someone in your environment has this kind of thing around?

:0)
|

replied August 24th, 2012
Ive just started getting a burning smell in my nose and mouth whenever i breathe in. Im freaked out as to what it could be as its also hard to breathe, any suggestions?
|

User Profile
replied August 27th, 2012
Smelling smoke?
sad2 Shocked I experienced smelling smoke when there was none and sometimes vertigo with it. Did not think much about it until I had to see my MS doc. She wanted for me to have an MRI just to see if I had something going on in brain because of MS. To her surprise and mine, I had a brain tumor. meningioma about the size of a tennis ball in right posterior fossa. ( right back side in brain.) Did not know that some symptoms of brain tumors, smelling smoke is one sign that many had. Not saying this is your problem, but I would get it checked out. Had a great brain surgen, did fantastic and was back to work in 5 1/2wks. (Did have a tiny problem when I returned to work too early, but after 4 days in hospital for more tests, went back to work. Let me know ....hope everyone is...ok. Question
|
Quick Reply