Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Arthritis Forum

burning sensation on my knees and tingling and numbness?

Must Read
Arthritis is the most common cause of disability in the United States. Learn more about types of arthritis here....
Do you feel pain and stiffness in your body or have trouble moving around? You might have arthritis. Learn more about arthritis signs and symptoms here....
Signs and symptoms of rheumatic diseases are common to many different diseases. Diagnose arthritis correctly using these step-by-step diagnosis instructions....
User Profile
I am 21 years old, female 5'6 and 115 pounds.
I've been having these burning sensation on my knees and these tingling and numbness in my legs and arm its been going on for about two weeks. before the knee pain began I had burning sensation on my groin for about a week. I do not exercise at all, didn't do any exersice recently. the pains seems to be getter worse but it not unbearable. it gets better after I wake up from sleep but the feeling comes soon after I awake. I was recently treated for chlamydia and was put on doxcycline thats all the medical history i can think of.. I was also in extreme stress and was feeling anxiety for about a month.. I don't know what doctor to go see...

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied October 18th, 2011
Arthritis Answer A27813
Hello and welcome to e health forum.

From the description provided, it does seem that your issues of numbness and burning and joint pains could be of a inflammatory nature.

You might benefit by taking anti inflammatory medications like Advil or motrin for a few days , to control the symptoms.

In addition, consulting your doctor for a few blood tests to rule out conditions like rheumatoid arthritis might be essential.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Arthritis , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.