Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Skin Forum

Burning sensation on feet and hands

Must Read
Acne is a common skin condition - but what types of acne can a person have? Start learning about acne here....
Does chocolate or greasy food cause acne? Learn the difference between fact and myth...plus who is at risk for getting acne?...
Severity of acne and symptoms vary by individual. Learn the difference between mild and sever acne here...and when you should seek medical help for acne....
For the last 2 or 3 days the skin on the soles of my feet and the skin on the palms of my hands feels like I have sunburn. There is NO rash and NO itching. My feet hurt when I walk, especially on anything rough like carpet, my palms hurt when I use a towel, they also both hurt even when nothing is touching them, especially my feet. Why is this?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied May 17th, 2010
Community Volunteer
There are many things that could cause this...Sometimes arthritis could be the culprit and diabetes is something else that could be the cause...They even talk about vitamin deficiency, so it's kind of a toss up...If I were you I would see your doctor to see what he/she says...Take care...

Caroline
|

replied May 18th, 2010
Experienced User
Thanks. Other possible things I've been considering...
-some form of excema? I have excema on the backs of my hands but it is completely different - it is a rash of very itchy (not painful)small bumps that resemble pimples. But I know that excema comes in many forms.
-Urticaria? My mom has Contact Urticaria; her skin gets red and feels like it's burning wherever there is pressure, like the back of her legs when she sits, her feet when she stands, her elbows on the table, etc. I really, really don't want this condition!!
-an allergic reaction? I started using a Thera-Band from physio a couple weeks ago; I stand on one end and hold the other end in my hand, so it touches the soles of my feet and the palms of my hands. However, that would be a very delayed reaction.
I'm really hoping this just disappears on it's own.
|

replied September 16th, 2012
Do you get any solution for these problems.
|

replied May 21st, 2010
Experienced User
Any other ideas? My finger tips feel like I've been using a nail file on them, and I've lain pillow cases on the floor to walk on cuz the carpet hurts too much! It's already been almost a week with no relief.
|

replied December 4th, 2011
I am experiencing the exact same problem, the palms of my hands burn, especially my fingertips and the soles of my feet. It just all of a sudden happened. Did you ever find out what was wrong with you?
|

replied September 16th, 2012
Do you get any solution for these problems.
|

replied December 5th, 2011
Experienced User
Joe Brown, I am so sorry you are experiencing this and I really wish I could tell you my problem went away, but actually it has been a year and 7 months since the problem started and it has not gone away. At times it eases and is hardly noticeable and at times it is worse and almost unbearable. My feet and legs are the worse, I never wear socks due to the pain & irritation, and often have trouble sleeping. My hands have improved. I thought it may be due to a medication I was on - my doctor thought it might be, too. But I've switched medications since then and nothing changed. Another doctor did some tests on my nerves and that showed nothing. Please let me know if you find out the cause! Smacky
|
Tags: feet, rash, skin
Quick Reply