Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Gallbladder Disease Forum

Burning sensation in upper abdomen

Must Read
Are you suffering from gallbladder pain? We describe the location and function of the gallbladder to target possible problems....
When do you need to see a doctor about possible gallbladder problems? Learn to distinguish signs and symptoms of gallbladder disease to take action before it's...
Gallstones are the most frequent cause of an inflamed gallbladder. Know the common symptoms of gallstones or gallstone attack....
I am 19 years old and in the United States Air Force, I had my gallbladder removed three years ago, Within the past 8 weeks I have had intense adominal pain, not all the time, usually after breakfast, and late night around 9 or 10 PM. Ive been seeing a Doc here on base and he did blood work and other tests, found H. Pylori which can cause ulcers, and it makes sence, becuase im in a high stress environment. He immediatley place me on high antibiotics and the pain is still coming back. I believe its an issue from my gallbladder surgery, just odd that it has popped up 3 years later. I have burning sensation in my upper abdomin and it reaches around my back, and into my shoulder blades usually puts me into a fetal position for anywhere from 20 min to 2 hours. Please if you have any advic I would really appreciate it. Thank you
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied October 24th, 2009
GERD? Or a possible Hiatal hernia?
It would seem it could be because of your surgery. When your gall bladder is no longer available to store the bile that you need for things like eating big meals and digesting any large amount of fatty foods, then pain and discomfort is bound to happen. It could also be GERD. The doctor could do a scan of the upper part of your stomach and your esophageal hiatus to see if you have a Hiatal hernia. It could be possible also that you are just having negative effects to the removal of gall bladder. Good luck. PS I am not a doctor. Dr. In Training Smile
|

replied February 6th, 2011
Please continue to advise. I have had a boring burning pain and without expensive tests I cannot even guess. The pain is almost excruciating. Like an auger just under my rib cage, dead center. Nothing - pepto, tums, etc seems to help. ideas?
|

replied May 15th, 2011
this is to jcrampton andmulch
i have just went to the hospital for the same reasons the only differents with me was i thought i was experiencing a heart attack. i have bad burning in the top of the stomack for about 8 weeks. thought i might have pulled a stomack muscle. 3 days ago it got worse. started to have dull chest pain a the burning from my stomack started moving up my throat. pain in my rib cage and around to my back. i could breath fine but felt short of breath. so after doing test they found out that my esophague is damaged and where the burning sensation was coming from was on ulcer. first trying to heal it was medicain, but if that dont work i have to have surgery.
|