Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Digestive and Bowel Disorders Forum

burning sensation around the bottom of my stomach?

Must Read
Feeling constipated? Do you know how constipation is medically defined? Get the basics on this common gastrointestinal complaint here....
Are you experiencing severe or chronic constipation? Learn about causes of constipation here....
Constipation is defined differently by different people. Learn to identify signs and symptoms of constipation and know when to ask for medical help....
User Profile
i have been in pain for a few days now with stomach cramps under my ribs at the top of my belly and also a burning sensation around the bottom of my stomach, i have been to the toilet reguarly and passing wind. it has recently just started to hurt a lot more when i eat?? i also get hartburn alot?

Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper User Profile
|

User Profile
replied April 20th, 2011
Abdominal Pain Answer A22200
Hi,

Welcome to the ehealthforum and I am really glad to help you out. All these symptoms are of gastritis due to acid reflux from the stomach. It is usually after eating a heavy fatty meal and sedentary lifestyle. It can also be caused by drinking too much alcohol, prolonged use of nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) such as aspirin or ibuprofen, or infection with bacteria such as Helicobacter pylori (H. pylori).

Eat small nutritious meals at frequent intervals instead of a heavy single meal. Exercise frequently and take your dinner atleast 2 hrs prior to bedtime. Also raise the head end of the bed by 2 blocks.
Take some OTC antacid or Ranitidine after consulting your doctor.

I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and regards.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Digestive and Bowel Disorders , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.