Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Foot Disorders Forum

burning painful feet

Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....
My partner has very painful, burning feet. The symptoms, I am told are the same as someone with diabetes. My partner is not diabetic and peripheral neuropathy has been ruled out by the many, many tests he has had.
He had been on the vitamin b injections recommended by the Dr., tegretol,repreve and so many more medicines to try to relieve the constant pain. It is worse at night although he does have issues with it through the day. He prefers to walk around in bare feet because with socks and shoes make his feet feel worse.
Can ANYONE help please?
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper tergram
|

replied March 18th, 2008
Experienced User
Walk around on bare feet easier?...That rings a bell!
Ok, heres a couple of possibilities he can run by his doctor...

1. Incorrect shoe for his foot-arch. When shopping for shoes, he should preferrably shop at either a sports - store or a green - cross store. They will be able to tell him what shoe shape will/will not work whereas normal shoe shops isn't always all that well educated on the topic. It is more important than what most people realise.

2. The shape of his foot-arch is abnormal causing problems with ... one, finding proper foot wear and two he might be turning his feet in/out as he walks/stands. As in my case, whereby I have a flat arch and turn my feet in, with the solution being to wear orthopedic inserts to support my "abnormal" foot structure as shoes are not made that can fit the shape of my feet.

I would suggest he sees a pediatrist to avoid possible further problems with joints such as his hips and knees.

I hope this helped...
|
Did you find this post helpful?