Medical Questions > Womens Health > Vaginal and Uterus Health Forum

Burning pain in labia minora

Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....
User Profile
Im a 21 yr old virgin but masturbating. Few months ago I felt burning pain on my left labia minora whenever I urinate or as simple as just spraying water over my labia minora after urinating. At first, I thought maybe it's just a post-masturbation pain...you know. But after some time, the pain remained. And then, I thought maybe I was having some vaginal pH imbalance so I tried cleaning my vagina with feminine wash and sometimes vinegar once in a while.. but still nothing happened. So I inspected my vagina and what I've found are minor cuts (straight thin cuts) on my left labia minora that are causing me pain... What does this indicate? And what treatments are available? Pls help me! Thank you.

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied April 15th, 2010
Vaginal and Uterus Health Answer A11289
Hi there, thank you for posting your question on Ehealthforum. This is not intended as a substitute to visiting your own doctor.
I don't know. Could it be that your nails are causing these minor lacerations to your vagina during masturbation? Or were you using a razor down there? Latex gloves and KY gel will help if the former. Either way do not fret. They do not sound too serious.

Dr Andrew Rynne.

www.andrewrynne.com

|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Vaginal and Uterus Health , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.