Medical Questions > Mens Health > Prostate Forum

Burning in rectum and penis (Page 1)

Must Read
Millions of men experience prostate problems every year. But what defines prostate enlargement and how does the prostate grow as it enlarges?...
What puts a man at risk of having an enlarged prostate? And what causes the prostate to grow in the first place? Answer your questions here....
An enlarged prostate rarely occur before a man is 40. Learn the signs and symptoms BEFORE they occur. And know when to seek help for bothersome symptoms....
I have a burning sensation in my rectum and penis. Usually worse when laying down,but no pain when peeing.Keeps me from sleeping at nite.Seem to urinate many times in the morning.Is this a prostrate problem?
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper carman98
|

replied May 26th, 2009
Hello Carman. I have what seems to be a similar pain as what you are describing. The burning sensation is in my rectum and penis, but mostly the tip of my penis. After urine and blood tests were negative, I was given Cipro just in case, but seemingly to no avail although I did not take them exactly as long as prescribed. The doctor said that the pain in the two areas is unrelated, but I cant imagine how when the burning came at the same time. Any help?
|

replied December 13th, 2011
What I have is similar except no rectal pain just a burning sensation in the penis. Was checked for STD's: NEGATIVE. Given a course of antibiotics: NO CHANGE. Prostrate Exam: Enlarged but otherwise fine. Then the doctor asked me to try a herbal called CSYTA-Q used for bladder infections. The pain went away almost completely but does appear once in awhile if I eat too much spicy food which I love and if I do not drink enough water. Ask your doctor about this product it might help your condition.
|

replied July 9th, 2014
Look fellas, I've been enduring this problem most of my life and I'm 65. Quite recently, I read an article that this problem can go away if taken a course of antibiotics for 10 to 12 weeks. I managed to convince my GP and he gave me an antibiotic called Novo-Norfloxacin 400 mG.
This is finally working and I'm 2/3 of the 6 weeks prescription. All the pressure/burning/pain in the rectum in gone. A word of caution: it is necessary to take probiotics during and after the treatment. It must be taken on an empty stomach ( the probiotics ) and only eat at least 20 minutes later. When I finish this 6 weeks treatment, I will ask to for a refill in order to continue for another 6 weeks as the article that I read says. The root cause is recurrent infection in the prostate and urinary tract. Now, be ware that eggs, poultry and dairy can and will exacerbate the problem when you are sensitive to these foods. Most folks will deny this, but be ware and observe the results by going cold turkey on these foods and observe how you react when not consuming these foods for a full week.
|

replied August 4th, 2009
I have exactly same symptoms. I have heart burn as well.In my case, burning started in the penus. I was given doxycycline even though the doctor did not think UTI after urine test. After taking it for few days, i felt burning in the rectum. I had little burning in the rectum before but doxycycline made it worse.I am trying herbal medicine now. If any of you posted before, found the cause of your symptoms please repost. THnak you.
|

replied December 19th, 2009
Been having a buring sensation at the rectum area and it feels like the penis area too. Have been taking cipro for three or four days. No releif. 49 years old. This stated about a week ago, the burning. Also have been feeling a sudden sensation to urinate before the burning came on. Last night, felt a chill and had put seats on. It was not cold, but I felt under the weather. Any advise?
|

replied April 21st, 2012
First of all, it is definitely is not a prostrate problem,
but could be a prostate problem. My pain in rectum is
not a burning. It is a pain and so is penis pain.
I am going to a urologist next week, for the third time.
I found relief from pain inside rectum one recent night
by lubricating my longest finger and putting it in the
whole length and moving it around-probably what I did
was prostate massage(this may sound strange, but look up
prostate massage).
|

replied January 18th, 2010
Pain in rectum and penis
I have had the same symptoms, rectal pains that are keeping me up at night, for about 4 or 5 days now. In addition I have sudden pain inside my penis as well. I remember having that same rectal pain about 3 or 4 years back, it lasted for over a week, then it went away only to come back now. Very annoying, does not seem to bother me as much when I stand up. I habe been having stomach (acid problems) as well for several years. Not certain if it is related. I had an endoscopy 3 years ago, nothing to report. Getting really fed up with these pains, help!
|

replied November 3rd, 2010
Think we all seem to have the same problem..I have a slight burning ache in the tip of my penis and well as anal area but only after an ejaculation.Any ideas?...
|

replied September 14th, 2012
Prostadynia?
Friend, I have similar symptoms. I did some search on these symptoms and found that it may be prostadynia.
|

replied December 13th, 2010
Burining in Penis and Rectum
I too have burning in rectum and penis. It has gone on for months. What I noticed in these posts is another situation we seem to have in common. I too have heartburn/acid reflex and take Prilosec almost everyday (for years). Not sure if this medication or the heartburn problem is just coinsedence or related
|

replied February 15th, 2011
burning in rectum and penis
Get checked for yeast ifection
|

replied March 9th, 2011
IT MAY BE XMRV
Hi,

The burning sensations you mention are just a few of the many symptoms XMRV positive patients are experiencing. Anyone who thinks these symptoms may have come from a sexual relationship/encounter should have themselves tested for the XMRV virus, a recently discovered STD.

JohnnyJ
|

replied March 16th, 2011
I been had these problems bout 5 years now. It started like a burning in the prostate and later on a burning feeling in my rectum. I feel it more when seat down in been on all types on cipro, doxy time after time after time that crap don't work. 2 beers a day is what the doctor should told u now am burn free thanks to budlight!!!!!!!! Also I have heartburn and acid coming back up too. By the way am only 28
|

replied August 11th, 2011
hi,
I have very strong experiance in this feild , I have burning in my rectum ,peins,blader, kidny and it is very hot . in facte thire are many resons for these sybtoms. Ican explain in deatails about this problems.
I m from kuwait 40 years old.

I can give u the right advise free of charge
|

replied February 8th, 2012
hi khalid

please tell me what is the advise
thank u
|

replied August 15th, 2011
burning tingling in rectum and burning in urethra
what is your advise on ? You can enmail me
|

replied August 27th, 2011
I have same problem , its worse when i sit down or when running. I'm thinking prostate related but maybe spicy foods makes it worse?
Iv had this problem before with no real solution.
|

User Profile
replied September 21st, 2011
Abacterial prostatitis
Yes spicy food, alcohol and caffine can make it worse.
If you have had an std/sti test and it all cam back clear you probably have Prostatitis.. because it will often not show up on a microbial examination or urine test.
I had severe kidney pain and they told me I had a sore back lol... but then again I am in china lol.

Abacterial prostatitis has several varieties. In one, the prostatic fluid demonstrates pus cells but no bacteria. In the other, called prostadynia, there are neither pus cells nor bacteria in the fluid, just the symptoms. In all types of prostatitis, the urinalysis generally is normal unless the infection spreads into the bladder.
|

replied November 12th, 2011
All I can say that in my case burning sensation in the rectum was due to yeast overgrowth. It got worse AFTER starting antibiotics. Make sure to take probiotics with antibiotics (~2h after or before, not together). Now I'm on antibiotics again (3rd week - due to prostatitis again) but have been taking probiotics since the beginning and it's MUCH better. 3 x Culturelle a day plus sometime 1-3 Colon Health. I don't know why doctors don't mention this. It should be standard procedure with long courses of antibiotics. It took me several tough months to straighten out this yeast problem. I was given 2 weeks of some anti-yeast prescription too. Now I'm smarter but wish the doctor had told me.
|

replied May 31st, 2012
Burning penis and anus after ejaculation ?
Best of luck guys...I have had this for 20 years....it's called CPPS (chronic pelvic pain syndrome)...look it up . It goes away and comes back . Best I have found for relief has been Evening Primrose tablets...other than that there is no known cause or cure.
|

replied August 1st, 2012
pain in urethra, blood in urine. left nut pain. neg std's ultrasound of bladdar, kidneys and testaicals. everything looked ok i was told anyway. still blood in urine, pain, burning in penis like urethera tube under nuts and in anus. i was on doxy 7 days, cipro 7 days, doxy 3 days, now got a shot of something and leviquin 1 a day for 15 days.
i am going nuts. i mean insane. so depressed and upset and see no end in sight. anyone have any idea? 1 month of this cant take it..
|

replied October 6th, 2012
I have aburning sensation but mine is when I poop and gets very uncomfortable and itchy. I've been using doxycycline for prevention of malaria for the last 1 and a half years. The problem started when I started doxy and I dont knw if that is cause of my problem. Damn, this is so uncomfortable.Can someone give me insights?
|

replied October 17th, 2012
I also have pain in penis and when I urinate..Found out PROSTIVA procedure needle went to far and blistered the neck of my bladder.It's been going on for 14months.Urologist does not know what to do every time I urinate it feels like I am passing splinters.prostiva uses needles to burn away prostate tissue.I think success rate is low and most people have to go back in less than 5 years.Would not do it.
|

replied January 2nd, 2013
Burning to anal area
I am 41 years old and have had heart burn since 2005 (I have been taking nexium for about 5 years now 40 mg 3 times a week). About a month ago I started to feel a burning sensation to my anal area and burning to tip of pennis area. It does not hurt when I urinate, just have a off and on burning sensation to pennis area. I had a prostrate exam 5 months prior to feeling symptoms and was fine. It appears that all these symptoms began after sitting down for long periods of time. Any help please?
|
12 >>
Quick Reply