Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Neurological Disorders Forum

Burining sensation on left top of head

Must Read
How can you tell if a headache is serious, or not? What types of headaches are there? Get started learning the facts about headache here....
Do you know when to seek help for headache symptoms? Learn more about symptoms of the four different types of headaches...and when to go to a doctor here....
Headaches can be caused by various medical conditions. Learn which tests doctors use to diagnose problem headaches...and who you should see to start diagnosis....
Hi,

For past few days I am having burning sensation on top left part of head (~1inch area), It is just below the scalp.
It is like some thisng burning below the scalp, it does not go away with pain killers, any suggestion on what this could indicate to?

Is this sign of tumor? other than this there is no headache or dizziness.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied June 20th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
Now don't go getting yourself all worked up over this. This almost sounds like a nerve issue. Pain medications most of the time if not all the time, do not work on nerve pain. I would mention this to your PCP and see where it leads. I wish you the best and let us know how you make out.

Carrie
|

replied June 20th, 2008
Thanks for the nice words Carrie, I have scheduled an appointment with Neurlogist next tuesday, I'll update the forum on the issue, Meanwhile my burning sensation continues, it is really bothersome....
|

replied June 24th, 2008
Update:
My ears now have burning sensation, they feel pressure from inside
I am not sure what is going on, I have an appintment with Neurologist tomorrow
|

replied June 24th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
I will be waiting to hear. So don't forget about us OK. Hope everything goes well for you and nothing to serious. Hope you are able to find reason and some relief.

Carrie
|

replied June 27th, 2008
Update:

1) CT done, nothing major found but they found calcification of Globus Pallidus. The Doc says this is not cause of burning sensation but should be micro examinied

2) Nerosurgon recomended to see a) ENT b) Neurologist

3) ENT Doc checked: found nothing obvious

4) Neurologist recommended to under go MRI/MRA

5) will be done in next few days, will update how it goes...
|

replied July 31st, 2008
Update:7/30/08

- Underwent MRI/MRA
- Good news is that there is no tumor or growth or blockage
- My head burning/ear popping still continues
- The scans found:

1) Globus Padllius calcification
2) Paranasal Sinus on right side

I have yet to talk to the doc,but non of above seem to indicate burning sensation in the head....
|

replied July 11th, 2010
Burning head and itching ear
My mom is having same burning head and itching ear problem for over 20+ years. Any help will be appreciated.
|