Medical Questions > Womens Health > Vaginal and Uterus Health Forum

Bumps with vaginal swelling and irritation

Must Read
To better understand abnormal vaginal bleeding, we first review normal vaginal bleeding. Do you know when uterine blood is normal, or not?...
What are the signs and symptoms of abnormal vaginal bleeding? When should you seek help?...
Prepare yourself and know what to expect when you visit your doctor for vaginal bleeding. We review the medical tests and diagnostic procedures frequently used....
Hi, im worried sick and cant go to my doctor for another few days. It started with two small pimple like bumps on the outside part of my vagina. They soon spread upwards and towards the opening of it. They then looked white looking and were rough. They aren't in groups or anything. Also, there are some small raised bumps on the inside part of my vaginal lips. When you mess with those, they do itch. Overall no itching though. I've had this for the past 2 weeks, and have tried taking azo pills to cure it. They aren't doing much. I also have a thick white discharge. It doesnt smell foul or yeasty or anything, just no odor. Also, i'm on birth control and am due to have my period in approx. 4 days. My partner has been with me for many months, and we have had unprotected sex. He is not my first, and i'm not his. He did get tested for STD's after his last partner and was clean. The bumps have now gotten to the point where it hurts to have any sort of sex, or touching. It's very red and swollen. I've also been using vagisil cream, and that worked for awhile and now, it doesnt. I'm so scared that it's an STD, but my partner hasnt shown a sign of anything. The bumps are not sores and dont look like any pictures ive seen of warts or herpes. They are starting to go inside the vaginal opening. I wash everyday and make sure its clean and put more cream on. I'm also still taking the AZO pills. I havent felt sick or ran a fever or anything either. Plus, no new changes in soaps, etc. I've been very stressed out lately and am living in Louisiana, where its super hot and humid. I also have worn tight clothes, and not kept any wet ones on. If you could please give me help me out, that would be greatly appreciated.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied August 13th, 2009
I was not on AZO pills but had this same thing years ago. Come to find out, it was a yeast infection. I got on of those things over the counter that you insert inside the vagina (I don't know what brand are out there now) to cure a yeast infection.
That's all it was.
I got mine because I had unprotected sexual contact (not sex, mind you) with someone who did not wash their hands. That's when I found out that if your partner is not good and clean, they can give you a yeast infection just by having dirty hands or from having sex on unclean surfaces.
I wouldn't stress out till you go see the doc. I too thought it was an STD. I stressed out a lot.
And all it was was a yeast infection from dirty fooling around.
As for whether the AZO pills have anything to do with this, I'd check around (websites or the booklet that came with the pills).
Good luck.
|

Thank you so much. I'll go to the store and pick that up asap. Was yours sore and irritated too?
|

more info
Yes. It wasn't itchy unless I was touching around it. Some of the bumps actually looked like really big pimples. Those hurt real bad.
That's why I rushed to the doc. I want to stress that I am not a doctor or anything like that.
I'd read on the package or online to find out if anything bad can happen if you use one of those products when it's not a yeast infection.
I'm thinking nothing too bad can happen (besides being out the money to paid for it) since you can get them over the counter. But, I'd check just to be sure.
Better to be safe than sorry! Good luck!
|

Mine is the same way. Its not itchy unless its touched. I think i'm going to be going to my clinic on Tuesday. That's the quickest I can get there. I've also heard that putting yogurt on the area helps as well. Just read a few things on it. But, thanks for your help.
|

replied March 13th, 2011
hey i read this conversation and i have noticed similar symptons, i am young and have never had sex. The pimples are small and pink and are sometimes itchy. They appeared when i started shaving, could it just be the razor or an infection. Im also noticing that my lips are becoming very dry, is it possible i have herpes or an infection even though i have never had sex?
|

replied May 6th, 2013
Vagina bumps
No you have razor burn.. But thanks so much I'm going to the doctors in the morning. Ima kill my boyfriend -.-
|