Medical Questions > Mens Health > Penis Forum

bumps on scrotem and penis

Must Read
Talking openly about the penis is a very personal matter. Learn basic penis anatomy to discuss penile disorders accurately with your doctor....
Penis symptoms that interfere with sexual activity or urination could be serious. Learn the signs and symptoms of penis problems that require a doctor's help....
How do urologists evaluate and diagnose painful penis? A penis disorder is a medical problem. Learn more about possible diagnoses for penis disorders now....
hi, about 6months ago i seen these bumps all over my scrotem and penis sharft, they are very small around 2mm, on my scrotem there seems to be a bump where each hair comes out, it is also a little bit red... it then moves up to my shaft where there are the bumps no hair, on the left side on the right side and on the very bottom of my shaft... i have only ever had sex with one girl, i was her first to, she is still my gf and everytime we had sex it was with a condom, she has never had anything...

there is a slight itch on my scrotem, they are skin colour on shaft a bit red on scrotem, no itch on my shaft, no discharge or pain anywhere, they feel soft just like skin... any other questions please ask me

sorry about other thread im new...
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied July 31st, 2008
Experienced User
It is most likely folliculitis which you can read about here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Folliculitis

The most common treatment is an anti-bacterial cream of wash such as micro shield-T.

If you suffer from folliculitis it is recommended you:

1. Wear boxer underwear
2. Wash and dry the area carefully
3. Use corn-starch based powder to remove excess moisture

Mike
|

replied July 31st, 2008
thanks soo much, when you mean boxer under wear do you mean like your typical bonds cotton ones, or silk loose type? i wash and dry the are daily...

what is corn starch powder, can i get it from the local chemist, im also from melb...

can i also get micro shield-t from the chemist???

thankyou soo much
|

replied July 31st, 2008
Experienced User
Cotton boxer shorts are fine. The idea is to provide good airflow and reduce heat and stop rubbing caused by tight fitting underwear.

Corn Starch Powder can generally be found in the 'Baby Goods' section of most supermarkets and looks the same as normal Talc Powder, but will have corn starch on the front label.

Microshield-T can be obtained through chemist shops, but they may need to order it in for you.

If there area is very red and sore you may need to see your local GP/MD and ask for an appropriate anti-bacterial cream. Often the medication prescribed is similar to acne treatments like clindatech (clindamycin)

Mike
|

replied August 1st, 2008
cheers mate ill go to the chemist tommorrow and try these things for a week if no change ill go see my doc

do you know how i could have got this, is it spreadable, contagious...
|

replied May 13th, 2009
mike101 how do you..
treat it
would you suggest
is there a way to get rid of it without having to go to a doctor or having to get prescription
|