Medical Questions > General Forum Topics > General Q and A Forum

Bumps on scalp

Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....
I have clusters of bumps on my scalp. but they are more like scabs. they come and then go away but they always come back. i have know idea what it could be. also my mom has them. can you please help.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied April 12th, 2009
I have something similar to that not sure what it is either. They aren't always scabs they sometimes seem like psoriasis. I may have psoriasis i have what looks like really dry elbows and sometimes spots swell up like red lumps but arent bothersome. I am 31 and at the age where everything seems to be an illness(or so i think). My skin gets kind of flaky on my elbows and the bumps come and go. Its mainly on my left arm but on my right as well. I recently noticed a spot on my head though that reminds me of the spots on my elbow they tend to have raised spots a little red i think and they seem to scab up or scale over but if i scratch them the skin comes off and it leaves them a little sore. The spots seem to stay around but they go down as if disappearing. I am light skinned and heard sun is good for psoriasis but not sure if its what i have or not. I am hoping its that simple and not cancer as i can deal with something thats not life threatening. I read about plaque psoriasis and it seems like that but mine are more like ashy white not silvery and have also had something like it near my ankle. The spot that concerns me the most is the one on my head it comes back to the same spot and if i scratch it it doesnt usually bleed its has more of a clear liquid in them. Any thoughts would be nice.
|

replied August 4th, 2009
bumps
Hi there bobw77 .
you have just described exactly how i feel , i heard there is something called phototherepy , that can help this situation , i use creams on the bumps called Aqueous cream which helps the smoothness of them , but to be honest i dont want to go to a doctor about this as its quite embarrassing for me , im a 30yr old female , and find that i can hide these bumps as they r on the back of my scalp , any other ideas?
|

replied August 4th, 2009
hey bumps
I found out from someone else that it could possibly be folliculitis(spelling?). A bacteria infection that affects the hair follicles I believe. I believe they use a cortosteroid cream to help get rid of it. I have not looked into it yet but if I find out more then I will let you know.
|

replied August 4th, 2009
It was actually quite bad , my fiance finished with me because of it , saying that i had something which was quite hidious to be honest lol , and *quote* to say i had something tht should end a relationship ?,
but you know when you get embarrassed about something , this isnt the only thing im embarrassed about but its one on my list ,
and what you wrote sounded sincerly like what i have on my scalp ,
|

replied September 12th, 2011
I also have bumps on my scalp that are more like scabs. I have just been diagnosed with Hashimoto's and when I was on an over the counter supplement they went away. Well I had to go off those because I finally went to an endocronolgist and he needed blood work done. A week after going off of the supplement the bumps came back. I also read somewhere else about someone having Hashimotos and having the bumps.
|
Quick Reply