Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > HIV and AIDS Forum

Bumps on arms

Must Read
Do you know what causes HIV? Get started by learning the facts on HIV and AIDS here....
Do you know what puts you at high risk of HIV? Debunk the myths and get the facts of HIV risk factors here....
Can you identify early HIV symptoms. Learn what to look for and when to seek medical help as we review symptoms of HIV here....
Over the past few months I got a few bumps on my arms and I'm a little worried. They all started as little colorless bumps kind of like a tiny mosquito bite. A little itchy, and when scratched the skin kind of gets a darker color and scabs up. But the small scab will not really go away. On my left arm I have 2 bumps that "healed" to a point where its scarred and there is a dead skin over the area(slightly raised with a scarred look). On my right arm 2 bumps on my forearm did the same thing(1 slightly raised and the other flush with the skin), but the 2 I have on my upper right arm are discolored and slightly scabbed. Most of these marks are about 1/4 inch in size. My ex gf a few years ago was tested and she was Neg. I personally have never been tested. And have only had a handful of non protected(which I know doesnt really matter). Are these symptoms similar to an HIV infection?? Other than that I have not been sick, fever, headache, etc...
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied February 13th, 2009
Supporter
Re: Bumps on arms
anonworried wrote:
And have only had a handful of non protected(which I know doesnt really matter).

Unprotected sex even once matters.

If you are worried about HIV/AIDS, get tested. Don't go by your ex's results. Count three months from the moment of supposed infection and get a blood test. Go after another three months for another test as it takes since months to confirm the results.

Please make sure to see a doctor doctor and show him the bumps.

All the best

Muthoni (Mson)
curtsey
|
Did you find this post helpful?