Medical Questions > Cancer > Cancers Forum

bumps in veins

Must Read
Millions of Americans are diagnosed with cancer. But what exactly is cancer and how does it affect the body?...
What puts you at risk for developing cancer? Learn how you can avoid or reduce exposure to risk factors for cancer here....
Cancer can occur anywhere in the body. But what are the signs and symptoms of cancer? Learn about general symptoms of cancer here....
i have been on chemo six months out of each year for 5 years.i can feel lumps in my veins in my arms,whatare these? my doc doesn`t know.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied March 27th, 2017
Welcome to e health forum.

The history is suggestive of varicose veins.

In case there is weakness of the veins or their valves then this could lead to a condition called varicose veins where the veins are permanently dilated and appear tortuous and disfiguring. Over time venous insufficiency results and the tissues around the veins get discolored due to pooling of blood in them.

Varicose veins cannot be cured and the treatment is directed to prevent complications associated with damaged veins.

As the disease progresses, more segments of the veins become diseased and symptomatic.

In Initial stages, self treatment at home with measures like compression stocking use, leg elevation, position changes, avoiding long periods of sitting or standing, and exercise would help in preventing rapid progression of the condition. Loss of weight in obese patients is also helpful.

In advanced cases of varicose veins, treatment in clinics with sclerotherapy, laser therapy or surgical treatment may be necessary.

Consult your doctor for a proper opinion, for further management.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Tags: chemo, lumps
Quick Reply
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Cancers , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.