Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Herpes and Genital Warts Forum

Bumps around buttocks and pubic area

Must Read
20% of the population has or carries herpes simplex virus. But do you know what herpes is? Learn about causes and risk factors for herpes. ...
Do you know the less common signs and symptoms of herpes? Get the facts of herpes symptoms and outbreaks here....
Herpes diagnosis requires proper testing. Learn about the two simple tests that doctors use to confirm a herpes diagnosis....
A couple months ago, I developed some bumps around my buttocks, not near my anus or my vagina. I assumed it was due to the lacy thong underwear I had been wearing regularly, but went to the doctor to be sure. I asked if it looked sexually transmitted and she said 'no' and prescribed a cream for me. Since then, the condition has not improved and may be spreading a bit. I also feel like a mild itch has developed. I have also now noticed some itchy bumps on my pubic area (I shave) which are skin coloured.

I went to another doctor today who says she thinks I have genital warts. I don't know how I could've contracted it and I'm wanting other people's opinions because I have scanned dozens of websites and my bumps do not at all look or feel like the ones described/shown on any HPV website.

Help?
Did you find this post helpful?
|