Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Skin Forum

bump under vaginal lips

Must Read
Acne is a common skin condition - but what types of acne can a person have? Start learning about acne here....
Does chocolate or greasy food cause acne? Learn the difference between fact and myth...plus who is at risk for getting acne?...
Severity of acne and symptoms vary by individual. Learn the difference between mild and sever acne here...and when you should seek medical help for acne....
I discovered a hard bump, about the size of a pea inside the outer edge of my vaginal lip. It is not discolored or painful. Is this something to be worried about? Should I talk to my gynocologyst about this? Any help is appriciated.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied January 8th, 2009
Extremely eHealthy
A small, hard lump found on vulva which is generally painless, is probably, a sebaceous cyst.
Sebaceous cyst results from a blocked sebaceous gland (skin oil glands), and is very common appearance in woman's external genitals, major and minor lips.
Sebaceous cysts require no treatment unless they cause discomfort.
It may disappear on its own, or it can remain in the same place at the same size without causing any problems.
They occur more frequently in women practicing Brazilian waxing.

Best wishes!
Marija
|

replied May 5th, 2009
i have the same, i noticed when i was in the bath and was wondering wether it could be caused by a anything, should i make an appointment or should i wait till it goes down on its own?
|

replied May 5th, 2009
i have one very simular, do i wait for it to go away or do i see a doctor now?
|

User Profile
replied May 19th, 2010
i also have one, i was worrieing about it, hopefully it's nothing to bad :/
|

replied August 13th, 2011
Yea I've had a couple and they appear like once a month or so. Do they go away on their own? Somttimes it is kind of embarassing. I just got tested in early May and I came out clean, so when it popped up i was scared.
|
Tags: vaginal, lips, skin
Quick Reply