Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Dental Health Forum

Bump that comes and goes on soft palate

Must Read
Bad breath can often be the first sign of a disease. But how do doctors define bad breath and what are the major causes of bad breath?...
Did you know that bad breath can be associated with sinus problems? Learn more about the common (and unfamiliar) causes of bad breath here....
Did you know that symptoms of bad breath depend upon medical cause? More here on major causes and related symptoms of bad breath...plus when to seek help....
I've had this forever, and I am just wondering if it is normal.
Sometimes I can't tell it's there, and sometimes it becomes a little hard and swollen, it is a small bump on my soft palate in the centre of my mouth, right behind my hard palate.
When it is hard it hurts and touching it with my toungue makes it hurt more. Not like a stabbing pain, just uncomfortable.
What is this?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied July 21st, 2010
You need to see a dentist to get a proper diagnosis.
|

replied October 10th, 2010
Palatine bump. Soft Palate bump. Raphe of Palate.
I have the exact same thing... Its a small, matchstick head size bump, which is on my soft palate just beyond the hard palate. in line with the Median Raphe of the Palate.

Somedays, i dont even notice it, its as if, flattened and i just feel some unsmoothness... but sometimes, after eating spicy food sometimes, or breathing really cold dry air through my nose, i feel the bump become a bump. Its white in general.

Hope someone can tell what it is...

Its really worrying, i wonder if its a palatine tonsil lesion, or a cancer... It can't be Torus Palatinus cuz its not on the hard palate...
|
Quick Reply