Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Orthopedics Forum

Bump on lower leg. Vein? Fluid? Air?

Must Read
Think you might be experiencing bone loss? Check out this Intro to Osteoporosis and evaluate your risk for developing bone weakness. ...
Although bone mass loss is normal as we age, some people are more at risk of developing osteoporosis than others. Are you at risk? More here....
Do you have severe back pain? Do your bones break frequently or with little pressure? You might be experiencing osteoporosis. Found out more here....
Hello. Recently, I've developed a liquid/air filled bump on my leg around the size of a dime. It bulges out, is painless, and i can press on it to collapse it. There is nothing hard under the bump, HOWEVER there seems to be a hole in my leg muscle in that area unless I'm feeling it incorrectly. It's as if the muscle splits open a bit exactly where that bump is. The bump is really noticeable, so I've been avoiding shorts. Is it a vein? Liquid? Air? As far as I can tell I have only noticed it for about 3 weeks. It may have been there for a quite a bit longer, but I haven't noticed it until now. It couldn't have been a year. I got a job around 3 months ago, and my legs were almost undeveloped and void of muscle from living a sedentary lifestyle. They are still extremely skinny and lack a lot of muscle. Is this bump permanent or can it go away? It looks really ugly and I want it gone..

The bump seems to disappear when I am sitting down or when my leg is elevated. When i stand the bump reappears, which tells me it may have something to do with my blood flow. I also have extremely large veins in my arms, and the veins in my face have been beginning to enlarge as well. Almost to a noticeable degree. I don't know if this is related or not.
Did you find this post helpful?
|