Medical Questions > Cancer > Cancers Forum

Bump on end of nose and hair loss

Must Read
Learn the basics about skin health, including risk factors, diagnosis, and treatment options. ...
Learn about risk factors to developing a skin disorder. ...
Learn about screening and diagnosis options available for various skin disorders....
I recently found a bump on the end of my nose that extends to my nostril. It's probably 1/2 in. in length and 1/2cm wide, it stands up enough to be noticable by people. It doesnt' hurt, it's not discolored, it doesn't move. But I have had a lot of other things going on with me. My hair started falling out in massive amounts, enough to cause dime size bald spots on my scalp and make a noticable receding hairline. I'm fatigued all the time and my periods have been really odd the past 3 months. They start out on the first day heavy enough to fill a super tampon in 30 minutes, and it continues like this for 3 to 4 days, then is normal for a couple more. I'm very scared of what might be causing this so I haven't went to the doctor. I don't have insurance anyway. The free clinics around here will tell me it's stress and I'll be wasting my time. Please give me your best educated guess on what you think it might be. I have 4 kids and I'll be 26 in November. I can't afford to be sick...Thankyou and God Bless...Tina C. Louisville, KY
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied September 7th, 2010
I wish that I could offer you a diagnosis, or some sincere reassurance, but the symptoms that you describe could be related to a variety of conditions (including severe stress). Loss of hair (alopecia) can occur due to inherited genes, or from poor nutrition, or from a variety of other causes. Menstrual periods, likewise, can vary with stress, as well as other factors. Once again, fatigue is often a result of stress (and sleep loss), but can be caused by other factors as well.

I cannot tell you whether or not you have cancer, or some other serious disease, based solely upon your description of your symptoms. If you have a nearby free clinic, then I would urge you to be seen by a doctor there. (I hope that you will be able to get some help for these health problems.)

Sincerely/ Robert A. Wascher, MD, FACS

www.doctorwascher.com

www.oncoguard.com

A landmark, evidence-based guide to a healthy cancer-prevention lifestyle, based on cutting-edge cancer research.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Cancers , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.