Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Skin Forum

Bump on butt cheek

Must Read
Acne is a common skin condition - but what types of acne can a person have? Start learning about acne here....
Does chocolate or greasy food cause acne? Learn the difference between fact and myth...plus who is at risk for getting acne?...
Severity of acne and symptoms vary by individual. Learn the difference between mild and sever acne here...and when you should seek medical help for acne....
I found a bump on my buttock this morning. Not knowing what exactly to say, I'll just proceed to list off some facts that may or may not help.
-it is not near the anus. it's on the cheek, close to where my buttock meets my thigh
-it has not secreted any kind of fluid
-it's rather soft, and about the size of a pea under the skin. The area around it is pinkish.
-it does not hurt on its own, though i do experience some pain when it comes into contact with something (such as sitting on a chair)
-it does not itch
-it doesn't seem to be affected by walking, running, or bowel movements

Any help in finding out what this is would be greatly appreciated. If it isn't serious, I'd like to avoid showing by butt to my doctor, but if it comes down to it, my life comes before my pride (I guess). If you want further clarification on anything, I'd be happy to provide it.

Thanks.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied January 25th, 2009
I have the exact same thing, did you ever find out what it was?
|

replied July 21st, 2009
large lump
I also have the exact same thing me and my daughter, only hers has come to a head and has started leaking out puss. Please tell me you know what it is!
|
Quick Reply