Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Skin Forum

bump/lump beneath the skin at the bridge of the nose

Must Read
Acne is a common skin condition - but what types of acne can a person have? Start learning about acne here....
Does chocolate or greasy food cause acne? Learn the difference between fact and myth...plus who is at risk for getting acne?...
Severity of acne and symptoms vary by individual. Learn the difference between mild and sever acne here...and when you should seek medical help for acne....
on the side of the bridge of my nose it has been sore for about four days ( thinking i might have knocked my glasses into it)
now there is a painful lump that i can feel when i run my finger along the side of my nose but you can't see anything on the surface of the skin. no sign of a bump when looking at it but you can feel it. any idea of what this might be??
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied December 27th, 2011
That could be an inverted pimple. It usually happens when there's a lot of bacterial build up. I sometimes get those on my nose area as these are the oiliest parts of my face.

I wash my face three times a day with anti-bacterial soaps or facial wash. If none is available for you at the moment, try putting a cotton or a clean cloth dipped in hot or [warmer than usual water] and let it stay for about 5 minutes. Repeat the process until satisfied, this will increase blood flow regulation. And avoid touching the bump, it will worsen things up. Just keep washing your face and keep it clean. It will soon go away.

Hope that helped.

P.S. I also use a mixture of lemon juice and honey to ease the pain and clean the area, getting rid of bacteria but not burning my face with the citrus acid. Don't let it stay on your skin for long though, apply for at least 5-10 minutes, wash with ice cold water and repeat the process at least three times a day. Smile

Good luck!
|

replied March 17th, 2013
Nose
i have a red bump on bridge of my nose for nearly a year tryed everything dont know what to do
|
Tags: lump, skin, nose
Quick Reply