Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > TMJ Forum

Bump in sideburn and neck

I have a bump in my "sideburn" and what appears to be a lymph node in my neck (righ side)
I had an accident 2 years ago where i hit my jaw and had a bump of the size of a tennis ball in the jaw (left side), then it went away. Since then my jaw was lil out of place, but i didn't worry about it.
Then i had vertigo, and now these bumps...

Could it be TMJ?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied July 24th, 2009
Supporter
It could be anything or nothing. Check with your doctor, I hope you have insurance, or least live in a country that actually uses the taxes for the benefit of the people.
|

User Profile
replied July 24th, 2009
Supporter
I didn't mean to be rude. If you list some more details about this - is the bump only on one side or both, how much larger than the other it is etc. Patients with TMJ do experience enlarged lymph nodes.

So I would check the google for
"head and neck"
lymph nodes in there images section, where you are likely to come up with a image of lymph node locations, YES BODY HAS MANY MANY LYMPH NODES and they can be enlarged due to TMD, if there is inflammatory process, due to cold/flu and even cancer, so research, but just don't go into cyberchondriasis state as I did once Smile

So if you have not seen a doctor, a doctor would most likely recommend a blood work up to make sure it is nothing serious.
|
Quick Reply