Medical Questions > Mental Health > Eating Disorders Forum

Bulimia - Anorexia

Must Read
Anorexia nervosa is one of several eating disorders. But what is anorexia exactly and who does it affect? Get anorexia basics and facts in this short intro....
Although doctors don't the exact causes of anorexia, there are a few factors that put certain people at risk of developing the condition. Click here for more....
What are the most common signs of anorexia? We list the physical and behavioral symptoms of anorexia here and outline when to seek help....
I'm a 17 year old male and i've been struggling with Bulimia for 3 years.
Is this common that people who are Bulimic struggle with Anorexia too?
I havn't ate anything in 4 days now, i've been living on water.
I've noticed my teeth are not as nice as they once were, this ridiculous cycle has to stop, i've made a promise to myself that i'll never throw up again.

Thanks for reading, i'd like to hear if you've had the same experience.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied February 6th, 2010
yes i think you can have both disorders.someone once told me an bulimic is a failed anorexic.thats most definatly me.i did at one time restrict my food but hunger got the better of me and i eat loads and then vomited it and thats what started the binge/purge cycle with me.my mum was an anorexic and she said she loved being hungery she felt in control.while i hate hunger ,i love the control of not eating but hate the hunger.i think thats why i am not anorexic and more on the bulimic side.
btw i always promise myself il never throw up again and i always do.when ever i eat i feel bad like ive lost control that i cant even do that right so il vomit feel better and make promises that i will never eat that much again so i wont need to purge but i do,its like somethin takes over me.how on earth anorexics dont ever binge is beyond me
|
Did you find this post helpful?