Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Spinal Injuries Forum

bulging disc L5 damaged disc L4

could this damage to my back effect my kneck have been getting extreme pain in the right side of my neck especially after sleeping.Or do i need a rest 56 t0 65 hours a week and a physical job? thankyou thumbsdwn sad2
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied December 8th, 2011
Especially eHealthy
lidl,

In a round about way, it could be causing your neck discomfort. The discs in the lumbar region can cause discomfort in the back, from which you can get muscle spasms, which could affect the way you are moving, which could affect your neck.

But, the discs in the lower back can press on the nerve roots directly around them, but the lumbar nerves to not travel up to the neck region. They basically supply the regions of the legs and pelvis.

Most likely the neck pain is either coming from your activities or the way you sleep on the neck. However, since you have disc problems in the lumbar region, you may also have disc problems in the cervical region. That could also be causing your neck problems.

Good luck.
|

replied January 16th, 2012
Hi l have sitica in my legs n mucel spams in my legs l have a bulged disk n 2 sliped disk in my bk n its pain full l have to have 24 houre care l can't dress my self n l can't do most of the things a noarmel person can lm on meds l have to us a walking stick but there's just one thing that's buying me when l went to the hostpital a few monthes ago the Dr said to me that the mucels in the bk of my legs will tighten up bad to the point wear l can not walk n end up in a weel chair can some one tell me if that is true cuz that's scary l all ready have to use a walking stick cuz l can't walk far and my legs have gone on me n l hit the floor n hurt ny self when thay give way on me l no Thise will never get betta n l will be on my meds for the rest of my life
|

replied January 16th, 2012
Hi l have sitica in my legs n mucel spams in my legs l have a bulged disk n 2 sliped disk in my bk n its pain full l have to have 24 houre care l can't dress my self n l can't do most of the things a noarmel person can lm on meds l have to us a walking stick but there's just one thing that's buying me when l went to the hostpital a few monthes ago the Dr said to me that the mucels in the bk of my legs will tighten up bad to the point wear l can not walk n end up in a weel chair can some one tell me if that is true cuz that's scary l all ready have to use a walking stick cuz l can't walk far and my legs have gone on me n l hit the floor n hurt ny self when thay give way on me l no Thise will never get betta n l will be on my meds for the rest of my life
|