Medical Questions > Mental Health > Eating Disorders Forum

Building muscle after anorexia tips

Must Read
Anorexia nervosa is one of several eating disorders. But what is anorexia exactly and who does it affect? Get anorexia basics and facts in this short intro....
Although doctors don't the exact causes of anorexia, there are a few factors that put certain people at risk of developing the condition. Click here for more....
What are the most common signs of anorexia? We list the physical and behavioral symptoms of anorexia here and outline when to seek help....
User Profile
Hi there Smile I recovered from anorexia a while ago and have been weight training. Unfortunately lately I've had loss of appetite and neglected my routine and done just cardio. I have some loose skin/flab that wasn't there before and I guess that triggered me. I want to tone up, not necessarily lose weight. That can come later but right now I just want to be able to eat right and still look good without feeling fat and gross. I'm 5'5 andI think 120-130 pounds. I would like to be back to 115 Smile Any advice to build muscle and tighten up loose skin? thankyous
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied March 14th, 2012
Experienced User
Hi Bubmlebee17, exercising is a great way to help tone muscle. Protein is also a great food to have in your diet, and will also help build lean muscle.
|
Did you find this post helpful?