Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Insect Bites Forum

bug bites on legs at night

Must Read
Insect bites can be difficult to identify. Learn why the body reacts to insect bites, and which types of insects cause which kinds of illnesses here....
Were you bitten by a stinging or biting or bloodsucking insect? We review the most common bites humans get, plus info on who is most at risk of insect bites....
What are some of the signs of a serious insect bite? When do you need help? Learn to identify types of insect bites and know when they are serious....
Hi! i have been geting these bug bites on my legs only at night...the one that i have now is getting bigger they look like white heads..is it a bug? and wht shall i do?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied April 17th, 2011
Hello, and thank you for your medical question on e Health Forum.

It is very difficult to determine the cause of such bites without an examination.

But such lesions could be due to folliculitis, bacterial infection of the hair follicles on the skin.

You might consult your doctor or your dermatologist for a proper diagnosis and specific treatment.

I hope this helps.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Insect Bites , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.