Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Insect Bites Forum

bug bite turned into bump

Must Read
Insect bites can be difficult to identify. Learn why the body reacts to insect bites, and which types of insects cause which kinds of illnesses here....
Were you bitten by a stinging or biting or bloodsucking insect? We review the most common bites humans get, plus info on who is most at risk of insect bites....
What are some of the signs of a serious insect bite? When do you need help? Learn to identify types of insect bites and know when they are serious....
Hi I got a bug bite months ago then it turned into a small white bump by my wrist and its whitish but very small. I thought it could be a pimple so i tried popping it and it didnt work then i boiled a needle and was thinking maybe something would come out but nothing did and it just started bleeding. I really want to get rid of this what should i do? Crying or Very sad
Did you find this post helpful?
|
Users who thank lilmskiwi121695 for this post: ParaChase 

replied July 29th, 2010
Hi! This same thing happened to me on my neck. I believe it was a spider bite but this bump won't go away and it's been about 2 months now since the spider bit me. It's just a hard lump now. I tried similar things to the original poster but with no luck. What the heck is this thing and how do I get rid of it?
|

replied August 8th, 2012
yeah that happened to me too. anyone know what this is? I think i got mine from a mosquito that I killed while in the process of biting me. usually when i kill bugs like these, a tiny bump appears and goes away, but i this one stayed and now it's rather noticeable (still like only a half cm in diameter). It doesn't itch
|

replied September 14th, 2012
Same problem here. Mine is a little red, but didn't raise up until weeks after it happened. I messed with it a little and it really got big after that. It's between 1/16 - 1/8" big and doesn't hurt or itch. I've never seen nor heard of something like this before.

I was in northern Virginia right after sunset when it happened (sometimes these details can help figure out what type of bug it is).
|

replied November 14th, 2012
It ended up being a wart for me... It's the only one I've had ever.
|

replied November 20th, 2012
I had a spider bite on my wrist once and it turned into a white bump so I had the doctor look at it. Turns out my body had encapsulated the venom in a cyst. So, that's all it is; just our bodies protecting us from foreign bodies. Doc had to cut it out and sew it up. Came across this thread because it has happened again and I was looking to see if anyone else had this happen. Looks like I'm not alone. Good luck!
|
Quick Reply