Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Blood Disorders Forum

Bruising on lower leg

Must Read
Have you just been diagnosed with anemia? Learn how doctors define anemia...plus more information on what causes anemia and who is at risk of developing anemia....
Anemia is caused by a range of diseases and conditions. Learn which factors contribute to anemia and how you can avoid some of the risk factors of anemia here....
Anemia can make you feel tired. But what other some other signs of anemia? Click here for more on anemia complications and when you should seek medical help....
I recently discovered a line of bruise going down my right lower leg. I don't remember hurting myself at all. And lately I have had a massive headache that makes me want to go to sleep. I have been taking painkillers but they only mask the problem for 10 minutes! Every time I stand up I get really dizzy. I always feel like I am going to throw up and I can never sit in a position without it hurting. I have never had these symptoms before! I really want to know what is wrong with me!
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper eemmaa22
|

replied August 2nd, 2009
These sound a lot like the symptoms I had when I was diagnosed with ITP at the age of 16. It's most common in children where it usually goes away between 6 weeks and 6 months, but it does occur in adults as well where it usually is a chronic condition. ITP is an auto-immune definiciency disorder which makes your body destroy your own platelets. In other words, a bleeding disorder. I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but there is no known cause for ITP, and therefore, there really is no cure. There are several different treatments including Prednisone (corticosteroids), WinRho and IVIG (blood fusions), and others including splenectomy (removal of the spleen) for the most extreme cases. IIP can usually be identified by low platelet counts, but also includes: bruising easily, petikiai (little red dots on the skin), and fatigue. However, this is just a possibility, I would truly recommend you seek a doctor's opinion on this, specifically a hemotologist if at all possible.

Another thing that helped me, and may help you, if you do get diagnosed with ITP, is the platelet disorder support association. THis organization was started by a woman with ITP, and it really was a lifesaver during the first years since my diagnosis because of all the information and resources available. The website is great.

I also want to give a word of advice, I had taken Prednisone, done different blood fusion treatments, and was even at the risk of having my spleen removed until I started using natural medicine. Now, I'm not saying that the Prednisone didn't work on occassion, but I was really done with having crazy side effects. I'm also not saying every natural medicine works because I tried a lot of different ones that didn't, but then I found Transfer Factor. I currently take Transfer Factor and have been in remission since I started taking it two years ago. It is an amazing product, and if you would like more information feel free to write me. Transer Factor is not specifically for ITP, it's actually an immune booster that helps you increase your immune system by 437%, so it can help with just about anything.
Anyway, I hope all this information helps, and I hope you feel better soon!
|
Did you find this post helpful?