Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Vascular and Circulatory Disorders Forum

Bruising on back of leg

Hi it looks like a birthmark back of my leg above my knee, if you look closely there's bruising plus where the blood vessels have broke. My legs ache daily feel like i need a good massage. the pain is going down to my calve and finding it's playing up while walking. the doc said its not a cyst but is flared up. im worried now has the pain is going down my leg and it's still flared slightly warm. also i'm a smoker.

please help

thank you xx
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied October 2nd, 2009
Community Volunteer
Pain in calf, slightly warm to the touch plus you are a smoker...

Sounds like you might be experiencing a potential blood clot...smoking increases that chance plus if you are or have been on birth control.

Seek a second opinion...

Zig
|

replied October 2nd, 2009
exactly i take birth control plus i smoke, doc said it wasnt a clot just it will flare up and down?but y? init..think im bettr off geting another opinion as u said. but problem is like geting worse realy espcialy walking it throbing middle my calf but the brusing is like above my knee back my leg.. it dosnt feel like a big lump (clot) but u can see the diff between both legs and can grab hold of it dont think its my fat lol coz u cnt do that on th other leg. thanks for you advise i will make another app realy soon xx
|