Medical Questions > General Forum Topics > General Q and A Forum

Bruising inside lips ?

Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....
Two days ago I noticed a strange sensation on the left side of my lower lip. When I moved my mouth in certain ways it felt like I had chapped lips and a crack was about to open up, but upon inspection I could find no problem with the moisture level of my lips. The sensation continued and I began to probe with my fingers. I found that when I apply pressure below the spot on my lip, right above the left side of my chin, I can replicate the effect, and by rolling my finger across the spot I can increase or decrease the sensation. It feels like pressure building up in the top part of my lip and, almost as if my lip was swollen, but there is no swelling. I believe I got hit in that part of the lip by my girlfriends head as we shifted in the middle of sleep two nights ago and I thought I saw some minor bruising inside of my lip...but I'm still curious as to why I'm feeling this sensation. Is there a damaged nerve? Is there fluid in my lip that I'm pushing around? Is there some kind of clot? There no numbness caused by the sensation, but I think I have caused some mild numbness by continuing to mess with my lip. Thanks in advance for your help.
Did you find this post helpful?
|