Medical Questions > General Forum Topics > General Q and A Forum

Bruising and pain after blood been drawn

Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....
User Profile
So 5 days ago on 10/18, I had some blood drawn from my right arm for a test (just a vial), no big deal.

But immediately after, I noticed that my right arm which the blood was taken from, didn't have its full range of motions. Basically, it hurted quite painfully for me to fully extend it all the way. Again, I didn't think to much of this since I just got my blood drawn.

But the pain continues to exist everytime I try to fully extend of my arm and some bruising on my inner forearm appears below the area where the blood was drawn.

It's friday night, I still can't fully extend my arm and the bruising is more noticeable.

Now to describe the pain, the pain is right where the bruise is, on my inner forearm. It also hurts when I poke the bruise.

When I try to extend my arm, I feel a pulling sensation along with pain. The pain is a 6.5 out of 10.

When my arm is bent, I feel no pain at all.

Help?
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper User Profile zigemyster
|

User Profile
replied October 24th, 2010
Community Volunteer
Ouch! Been there done that...sounds like a nerve has have been injured. It may take a few more days to heal.

Zig
|

User Profile
replied October 27th, 2010
Supporter
Just to update. Today is 10/27.

So far no changes at all to my arm.

I still can't fully extend my arm.

I agree with Zigemyster, when he says sounds it like nerve damage as my arm could twist and bend and my hand could grab and stuff.

Now as for my bruise, it has been normal looking: a splash of green and yellow around my forearm.

But today I wake to see random lines that are plum colored (purple) right on top of my usual yellow and green bruise like a 5 year old took Mommy's lipstick and try to draw on my forearm.

What does this mean?

I'll post a picture later today.

Thanks!
|

User Profile
replied October 27th, 2010
Supporter

No part of the bruise is raised (like welts), it is smooth as you can see.

Like many bruises, it does hurt abit when you press it.

Also I can't feel any lumps.

Thanks for everything!
|
Quick Reply