Medical Questions > General Forum Topics > General Q and A Forum

Bruise on Inside of Ankle not going away

Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....
2 weeks ago I was sparring in Ju Jitsu class and when we were done I felt a tightness on the inside of my right leg above the ankle. This area began swelling instantly but there was no pain. I had full movement and could bear all of my weight on it.

I iced it and elevated it that night. The next morning it was still swollen some and showed a slight bruise. After about 2 more days it was still sore to touch and the bruise had spread.

Because I had broken the ankle before I was concerned that I had broken something and maybe the nerves weren't working right (part of my foot is numb after the surgery in the ankle). I went to a local Dr and got it Xrayed and he saw no damage and suggested I rest on it for a few days. He said I busted a blood vessel.

A few days is up and I probably didn't rest on it as much as he suggested, I did avoid impact and any direct pressure.

It has now been 2 weeks since the injury and a week since the Dr. Looked at it and it is still very painful to touch and is spreading around my lower leg. Not as dark as it was but more of it. My calf is also starting to cramp on the outside.

Any ideas how to help this heal and if it should be a concern.
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper pipewelder_1999
|

replied February 16th, 2012
i have a bruise above my left ankle thats cool to the touch itches at times and burns at times but still cool to the touch while its burning and the bruise has been there for over a year.
|

replied February 16th, 2012
i have a bruise above my left ankle thats cool to the touch itches at times and burns at times but still cool to the touch while its burning and the bruise has been there for over a year.
|