Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Foot Disorders Forum

bruise on ankle

Must Read
We answer the questions: What is a wart? How do warts spread? What types of warts can you get? More basic facts on warts and plantar warts here....
What causes warts and in particular, plantar warts? And are adults or children more at risk of getting them. More on risks and causes here....
Do you know how to spot a wart? Learn the signs and symptoms of warts located on the feet, plus when you should seek medical help for a plantar wart....
I have this discoloration on my ankle/leg and this started about a year ago......if you push it does not hurt and the skin turns white but then resumes to reddish purple. It almost looks like a broken blood vessel but is now getting a little bigger everyday...it is about 2 or 3 inches and in a round pattern like a bruise. At first I thought it was dry skin but now think it might be deeper...it is ...occasionally my toes get a little numb. I did have minor knee surgery on this leg 3 years ago.....I do have some minor varicose veins and my grandmother had them really bad.
When I wake up in the morning, it does not look as red or purple but as the day goes on, the darker it looks.
Please help.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied May 29th, 2009
Active User, very eHealthy
it sounds like the begining of a venous ulcer if this is the case then you should wear a compression stocking on it
|
Did you find this post helpful?