Medical Questions > Womens Health > Vaginal and Uterus Health Forum

Bruise looking things on vagina

Must Read
To better understand abnormal vaginal bleeding, we first review normal vaginal bleeding. Do you know when uterine blood is normal, or not?...
What are the signs and symptoms of abnormal vaginal bleeding? When should you seek help?...
Prepare yourself and know what to expect when you visit your doctor for vaginal bleeding. We review the medical tests and diagnostic procedures frequently used....
User Profile
I have a purplish-blackish patch on my what i think is called the labia flaps, it looks a bit like a bruise, although it does not hurt or give me any discomfort. I only just noticed it so i do not know how long it has been there for. I am worried that it could be something serious.

Also i am a virgin if this makes any difference
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied November 8th, 2009
Especially eHealthy
Many women have dark patches like you describe on their labia minora (inner lips). Especially around the edges. These patches can be black to dark brown to purplish to red to pink to white, totally the opposite of the rest of your vulva. Your labia minora can also be smooth/wrinkly/hanging out/sticking out/peeking out/totally hidden/unbalanced/uneven.

The best advice I can give you is to wash your hands, get a mirror, lock your door and take a good long look at how you look. That way you will be able to identify everything and know what changes are taking place. There is nothing you can break or injure by peeking and poking around and it will do you the world of good to know exactly what is going on.
|

User Profile
replied November 9th, 2009
thankyou Smile
|

I have one like that, on the inner right labia lip, high up near the clitoris. I didn't have that when I was a kid, but during puberty, that changed. I've had only one ever since. It's literally nothing to be worried about.
|

User Profile
okay that's good because i wasn't sure if i have had it since i was kid and so i was scared that it was an infection of some sort. So did yours disappear and then you got another one in a different place?
just so if it changes i am not worried so i know that it is normal Smile

thankyou
|
Tags: vagina, vaginal
Quick Reply