Medical Questions > Womens Health > Menstruation Forum

Brown vaginal discharge after menstruation

Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
what could be this?there was abdominal pain as in menstruation for the first time,second time no pain but a red and brown mixed color secretion.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied July 30th, 2008
Experienced User
So, there was pain during your period, but none for this brown discharge?

How long did your period last? And did this discharge happen the next day after the period happened? How long did the brown discharge last? Are you on any form of birth control?

It seems normal to me...but I wanted to get some background info to confirm that this is typical.
|

replied July 31st, 2008
it happend 10 days after my periods.and im not on any birth control pills,and no active sex life. it was there for 2days...brownish red discharge...and now its stopped. and the first time i had pain,then it was in the morning i noticed.
i have awkward work timings..which include night shifts.
|

User Profile
replied July 31st, 2008
Experienced User
How long have you kept up these odd working times?

Sometimes, outside factors like stress will throw your cycle off track. It's pretty bothersome, but it happens nonetheless. I'm willing to bet that this is why.

If you have any concerns, however...I would encourage you to see the doc or at least call the nurse's hotline to ask some questions.
|

replied July 31st, 2008
Help
hey something like that is happening to me but its just a little pink discharge it has been happening for a couple of days and i am not on my period i am only in my 2nd week of the pill pack anybody knows wats wrong???
|

replied September 18th, 2008
Experienced User
it could be spotting. have you had spotting before? it could also be if you just started taking bc pills
|

replied September 18th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
hey
i usually have this brown discharge just after my period as i'm coming off and i do get pains as well, i'm not to sure why it would be that long i think you should see a doc just to be safe but i don't think it will be anything serious a lot a ppl have this after or even just before their period good luck. Jenny
|

replied December 20th, 2009
brown vaginal discharge.
hey
my gf got brown vaginal discharge after a week we had sex. this is d first time v did sex n first time she used i-pill. v had unprotected sex and she took i pill with in 24 hrs of sex. v did sex after 2days of her periods, now after a week she is gettin lower abdomen pain and brown discharge with little bleedin. this is not her regular period. as discharge is cmin in drops in long intervals... plzz help us..?? m worried, is this a posible pregnancy...?? or yeast infection??
|

replied April 23rd, 2010
hey guys..i had my last period march 30, 2010..then at around april 1 i saw a coin size light red blood on my pantyliner..since april 21, i had pinkish discharge until now..what do you think it is?
|

replied August 24th, 2011
hello i want to ask something i have a black dischare my period start last 18 this august until now i still have this black brown discharge is it normal or i have something wrong please help me...
|