Medical Questions > Womens Health > Menstruation Forum

Brown stringy discharge instead of period ?

Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
I have missed the last 2, nearly 3 periods but have been having brown stringy discharge everyday. can anyone help me?im unsure if i should see my dr or if it is nothing. please help!
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper jennawood
|

replied December 15th, 2009
I may be able help?
I have been getting that too! But I have missed nearly 4 periods. I only started recently as well.
I have no idea what it is, but i did think that it coul be instead of having a period? I am not sure but it does make sense.
Jessica Smile
|

replied January 20th, 2011
Have either of you had the contraceptive injection? It sounds typical of the side effects of that. It's unnerving but nothing to worry about.
|

replied May 6th, 2011
See your Gyn
Please contact your OBGYN, irregular periods can be a symptom of many things, one being Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome. It is very important that you have full flow period at least three times a year, and to be aware of what and why your body is doing what it is doing.
|