Medical Questions > Womens Health > Vaginal and Uterus Health Forum

Brown sticky discharge - no period yet

Must Read
To better understand abnormal vaginal bleeding, we first review normal vaginal bleeding. Do you know when uterine blood is normal, or not?...
What are the signs and symptoms of abnormal vaginal bleeding? When should you seek help?...
Prepare yourself and know what to expect when you visit your doctor for vaginal bleeding. We review the medical tests and diagnostic procedures frequently used....
Today I noticed brown, sticky discharge. Other responses to complaints such as this have said that this can happen after your period, but I do not have my period yet (which also worries me because I am 16 yrs. old). For a couple of weeks before this I have had white clumpy/sticky discharge just about everyday, but today is the first day that it has been brown. Is this a problem????
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied April 7th, 2008
I would go see your gynocologist. If you have any white clumps, it maybe a yeast infection. First, I would suggest seeing your doctor.
|

User Profile
replied April 9th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
Brown discharge is very normal, especially for a first period. For some girls their first period is so light that it is just brown and never turns red. However, 16 is a bit later than average to get a period. If you are worried about developing on time, you should see your doctor and talk to him about whats going on. Some girls are just a bit later in developing than others.
|