Medical Questions > Womens Health > Menstruation Forum

Brown spotting when period due

Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
Hi,

My period was due to start yesterday, the night before I had extreme cramping and abnormal discomforts though i was not alarmed as inknew thatbmy period was due the next day, on my period due date instead of getting the heavy (I have had extremely heavy periods all my life) I just just had very light brown spotting. day two its a bit more than spotting, though still really only need a panty liner as its really that light. Throughout the past two days it's felt like a normal period, at times I've felt pressure in the pelvic area, cramping etc, but really next to now blood.

To give you a bit of background of my cycle, my cycle is always regular and I track all my symptoms using period tracker as my partner and I are trying to conceive. Also note that I'm not or have ever been on the pill though I have just started taking BM conceive well gold.

We had sex day 5 days befor, 2 days before and the day of my ovulation. Though this would make it seem that I could be pregnant though I haven't experienced normal pregnancy symptoms (tender breasts, morning sickness, etc), I also took a pregnancy test today (official week four) and both came up negative.

I've been doing some research and following the three below possibilities;

- breakthrough bleeding - I'm pregnant
- early miscarriage
- hormones changing
- ....?

What do you think, I know that it's common for ppl who are trying to get pregnant to cause symptoms etc, though I've never had a period like this and am slightly worried that it could be something much worse.....
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied April 28th, 2012
Hi,
Welcome to ehealthforum.
Lighter and shorter periods, spotting, pelvic pressure, abdominal cramps, could be few of early symptoms suggestive of pregnancy. Pregnancy chances cannot be ruled out completely if you had been sexually active during your fertile days/ovulation time. If periods do not start within 10 days of expected period dates, or if you have abnormal periods, or if you develop new symptoms suggestive of pregnancy, or if you suspect chances of pregnancy, consider visiting your doctor/gynecologist at the earliest for thorough examination (to confirm pregnancy related changes/signs in body) and blood/serum HCG level test (to confirm/rule out pregnancy accurately). Be in regular monitoring and follow-up with your treating doctor/gynecologist and report any new/abnormal symptoms immediately. Drink plenty of water. Take adequate rest. Maintain healthy diet.
Take care.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Menstruation , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.