Medical Questions > Womens Health > Menstruation Forum

brown spotting after period

Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
I received my period the 20th-22nd of this month, and since yesterday/sunday have noticed dark brown spotting. i am on yaz birth control currently, but have never experienced brown spotting like this. is it normal?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied February 24th, 2009
Experienced User
I have had brown spotting near the end and after some of my periods and have been told that it is normal. It is just the blood drying up. My blood was light brown though. Is it a lot of dark brown blood?
|

Experienced User
I have had brown spotting near the end and after some of my periods and have been told that it is normal. It is just the blood drying up. My blood was light brown though. Is it a lot of dark brown blood?
|

no, just spotting here and there. I've been using liners and nothing has soaked through or anything, so it's not a lot and i only need about 1 a day
|

Experienced User
When was the last day of your period? It's probably nothing but I would keep an eye on it. Mine never lasts more than a couple of days after my period.
|

my period stopped early sunday morning
|

Experienced User
If you are anything like me that spotting will be gone in the next day or so. I know it's not fun because you already had to deal with your period and just want to get back to your normal routine. I was also on Yaz. In reading comments by other users it seems like it might be a common thing on that pill?
|

maybe, i've been on yaz for almost 2 years now though and although i have encountered spotting most of the time after my period ends, it's never been brown
|

replied February 27th, 2009
maybe, i've been on yaz for almost 2 years now though and although i have encountered spotting most of the time after my period ends, it's never been brown
|

replied April 3rd, 2009
Spotting 2 wks after period ended
Hey my period came unexpectedly during sex one day and lasted about 8 days or so. it usually lasts only 5days and it came about 4 or 5 days earlier than it should but since then i've been spotting brown blood. It finally stopped last night but when i wiped tonight the spotting has started again. Can someone help me with this?
|

replied April 10th, 2009
spotting after period
Im taking birth control and got my period as usual. a few days later i began spotting brown blood, but i figured it would go away, which it did but not for long. during one sex one day it came back and its been basically going on ever since. it just kinda starts and stops. im should be getting my period soon, like within the next couple of days, but im still really worried. can anyone help me?
|

replied April 27th, 2009
brown spotting after period
i've been on ortho tricyclen lo for almost a year and this is the first time i have brown discharge after my period. does anyone know what it can be from?
|

User Profile
replied April 29th, 2009
Supporter
i just read something about how birth control pills will make some people have brown spotting. research on the search engine about your specific birth control just to be sure, but i m pretty sure its normal.
|

replied February 24th, 2011
spotting
I had severe endo and had surgery on 11/23/2010 on 11/28/2010 I went to the ER for severe pain the ER doc did a cat scan and told me nothing was wrong just inflammation. I had cycles in Dec., Jan that were heavy and very painful and last the usual 5 days. Then In Feb I found out the CAT scan result from the ER visit on 11/28 actually showed a1.4 cm cyst on the right adnexal and after calling the head doctor at the ER, I was told he felt the cyst was solid. My Feb cycle came a day early Sunday evening) and lasted 2 days all together started off light had about 2 hours of heavy bleeding then it was over by Tuesday afternoon. Thursday morning I started spotting and only noticed the spotting after wiping from doing number 1. The spotting is brownish and somewhat bright red but not a lot. I did have sharp pains during this cycle again and painful bowel movements. The doc that did the surgery told me not to worry but this is the same doc that didn't think I had endo and both times he has operated on me he found it. I have an appt with my new PCP and GYN doc on March 1 and April 25. Should I be worried about this cyst considering my history? I have had 4 lap surgeries 3 for endo 1 for removing a complex cyst on the right side? One more thing before my last surgery in Nov 2010 I was spotting for 5-7 days before actually starting to bleed for my cycle, now the cycle starts pretty quickly.
|