Medical Questions > Womens Health > Vaginal and Uterus Health Forum

brown/ red spotting and stringy red mucus from vagina?

Must Read
To better understand abnormal vaginal bleeding, we first review normal vaginal bleeding. Do you know when uterine blood is normal, or not?...
What are the signs and symptoms of abnormal vaginal bleeding? When should you seek help?...
Prepare yourself and know what to expect when you visit your doctor for vaginal bleeding. We review the medical tests and diagnostic procedures frequently used....
User Profile
Hi, i have been ttc for 3 yrs, was due to start period on 17th march, since 18th i have only had brown/ red spotting, today i have stringy red mucus from vagina?

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied March 22nd, 2012
Vaginal and Uterus Health Answer A33058
Hello,

Welcome to ehealthforum and thanks for writing

The symptoms as brown spotting and red discharge could be indicative of early pregnancy symptom.But it would be too early to comment right now.
Relax and observe if the periods do not start then consider doing a Urine test at home after a week for pregnancy determination.

Alternatively you can also get a Blood hcg test done which is an accurate test and gives results after a week of the missed period date.
Kindly visit a Gynaecologist for evaluation.

Take care!

|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Vaginal and Uterus Health , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.