Medical Questions > Cancer > Skin Cancer Forum

Brown patchy spot on finger

Must Read
What is melanoma? This section give you a quick intro to this particular type of skin cancer, including the entire range of types of melanomas....
Doctors are pretty certain that ultraviolet radiation plays a role in the development of melanoma. Which other activities put you at risk of melanoma?...
What does melanoma look like? Learn to identify early signs and symptoms of melanoma with this full description of symptoms of melanoma here....
I have discovered a patchy brown spot on the side of my index finger. It has different shades of brown and is worrying me as I can not stop thinking about it since I first discovered it. It is about 3-4 or even 5mm wide. What are all the possiblitys and the most likely thing this could be? I am an 18 year old male and have become very stressed over this Sad Also if this is some form of cancer how can it be cured if it can? I hate using the 'C' word Sad
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper User Profile Mellisaa
|

replied April 6th, 2012
In summer days we usually see that skin may have red spots in many places specially below the neck area..Skin started to become patchy and leaves spot..Although it becomes as it is after few days...It's normal,nothing to worry..
|

User Profile
replied September 27th, 2012
It can be due to over sun exposure. Sun radiates harmful UV radiations which causes many skin related problems. It can be one of them . Don't worry just see a dermatologist, he can guide you well and avoid going out in sun without a sunscreen.
|

replied October 25th, 2012
I agree with Mellisaa. sun can be the reason of your brown spots.See a Dermatologist soon.
|