Medical Questions > Womens Health > Vaginal and Uterus Health Forum

Brown discharge instead of period (Page 1)

Must Read
To better understand abnormal vaginal bleeding, we first review normal vaginal bleeding. Do you know when uterine blood is normal, or not?...
What are the signs and symptoms of abnormal vaginal bleeding? When should you seek help?...
Prepare yourself and know what to expect when you visit your doctor for vaginal bleeding. We review the medical tests and diagnostic procedures frequently used....
Hello,

For the past 5 months instead fo a period I keep getting Brown gynky Discharge. It i sstarting to worry me. I was sexually active in the beginning, but Havent really been for 3 months now; and I am still getting it. I have taken like 6 pregnancy test and they all come up negative. I am starting to get really worried ((Like freaked out crying worried)) I dont have health insurance so I cant afford to go to the doctor but I make too much to go to the health clinic... so please help
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper qwilliams
|

User Profile
replied June 12th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
It's normal.

Your period could be brown for many reasons, and you may just have a light period.

If you're worried you can go to Planned Parenthood. They'll be able to help you and make sure nothing is wrong.
|

User Profile
replied June 16th, 2008
Doctor
What are you worrying about: possible pregnancy or that brown discharge?
You can stop worrying about any possible pregnancy because you are probably not pregnant.
That brown discharge could be in fact your period but you will need to check that at your gynecologist. The condition is probably not urgent so you can wait until you get enough many for gynecological examination.
|

replied October 5th, 2011
brown vaginal discharge for two months
hi i have had one sex partner this year and i have gotten pregnancy test every month since april and they came bak negative. I have not had a period since april. Last month I had brown vaginal discharge that had no smell and it only shows when i wipe myself. Now I am having the same problem this month and i am not suppose to come on my period, 3 months ago i thought i had a yeast infection but never was able to get checked out by my doctor. I have been very stressed. I know my partner had a lot of sex partners before me but he says that i am his only partner but i do not believe him. we do not use condoms and before me i do not think he used them on anyone else either can you tell me what might be my problem
|

replied April 23rd, 2009
brown discharge
im scared because my period is due on april 30th but im getting brown spotting and its the 24th...i had unprotected sex but i took the PLAN B pill after...could i be pregnant?
|

replied June 9th, 2009
Very Worried
I'm a worried because about 2 weeks ago, I started to have sex and then he put the condom on. So it was only unprotected for about 30 seconds. He didn't come until awhile after, after putting the condom on. I have been having brown discharge for about three days and it has me really worried. My period is due in about 5-7 days. I don't know what to do.
|

replied September 15th, 2009
for about 6 months now all iv had instead of my periods is this brown creamy discharge and it can get quite painful...iv been to my doctor and he cant tell me wats going on iv dun numberous amounts of pt test and their negative sooo i dunno wat to do ... i dont remember my last NORMAL period. im only 18 can any one help??
|

replied November 6th, 2009
my due date is 2nd and I always get my periods 5 days before, now I am getting brown discharge since 4 days, did preganancy test its Negtative what should I do, I had unprotected sex
|

replied April 6th, 2010
Help
I keep getting brown discharge, im guessing instead of my period, all my sex is protected and the preg test was negative, ive put on weight and keep getting more tired, can anyone help me? Im worried Sad xx
|

replied August 13th, 2012
im having the same issue everytime its time for my period its brownish but light i have a few red spots but its random i dont use condoms with my boyfriend for two years i even gained weight in my stomach i look as though im three months and thats how long its been going on for..my eriod has been a week late and sometimes 3 or 2 days early
|

replied December 5th, 2012
if you have just gained weight in your mid section, it could be polycystic ovaries. I had the same problem so my doctor did a vaginal sonogram.
|

replied April 27th, 2010
i got brown spotting discharge for 2-3 days a week before my missed period... i used a condom...
|

replied May 18th, 2010
Okay so, I have pretty much the same question. I've heard of people that have been able to conceive a day before their period. My period is usually pretty normal. Okay not usually. I can determine the day of the month because my period comes like clockwork. Well, I had sex last Friday and we were naive and just used the "pull-out" method. But during foreplay, he said he did cum. So I didnt realize the risk of this until two days later (Sunday). I'm trying to stay calm. I managed to stay calm yesterday. However, this morning, I woke up to find a really dark brown discharge and it had some red/pink spots in it. I'm due for my period tomorrow. However, this made me nervous. I know they say it could be old blood. However, it's making me nervous because I do normally get old blood but it's like at the end of my period. I don't usually get it at the beginning of my period like this. I already told my boyfriend the possibility of this on Sunday, and we were both calm and talked it out. So I have no reason to be stressed right now. I'm also having pain on my side as well which they say that could be the implantation (if i am pregnant).
|

replied July 6th, 2010
I have been having brown discharge off and on for over 2 weeks now, and I'm supposed to start my period this week according to my birthcontrol pills. I took a pregnancy test today and it was negative. I have a gyno appt tomorrow. I'm really freaked out because when i google brown discharge it said it can be implantation (which is ok with me) but it also list cervical cancer, and with a pregnancy test negative I'm really worried. I live with my boyfriend and since im on the piil we always have unprotected sex. I am anxious to here what the doctor says, but if u have any input or experience it would be greatly appreciated Smile
|

replied July 27th, 2010
I have the same brown creamy discharge, its very light and nothing like a period at all. It started this morning and my period should have started yesturday. Im on the pill so, if ive taken it corectly, i shouldnt be pregnant, so whats wrong??? x
|

replied November 8th, 2010
First period? Virgin. Terrified, embarrased, and getting worse.
I'm really scared. And very embarrased.
I'm 15 and I've never had my period. I'm a virgin, and all day the yesterday I felt like I was dying, and then today I've found this brownish stuff. At first it was creamy, and now it's dark brown. What should I do? Is this a period? Am I okay?
|

replied July 7th, 2011
More than likely you're just fine girl, calm down! It's perfectly normal for your first period (first few really...) to be kind of funky and not quite the way everyone describes it. I would see an ob/gyn though because 15 is a little bit late to get your first period. More than likely it's just a slight hormonal imbalance which can be fixed easily with birth control pills (that is, if it doesn't correct itself on its own)! Wink Enjoy your new womanhood, lol it's nothing to be embarrassed about Razz
|

replied September 19th, 2011
Brown discharge is quite normal before & after your actual period! Everyone stop worrying that you're pregnant! If everyone has said they have had brown discharge but hasn't come back & said they're pregnant then everyone turned out fine!
|

replied January 19th, 2012
Missed period, pains and brown discharge
Hi all iv just had my second child 6 month ago my periods been fine since, I always get dark brow discarge at the end of my period but this time I'm 3 weeks late and have been having cramps for about 2 weeks on and off I'm defo not pregnant as iv had a test and also iv got the contraceptive bar in my arm, I started with light brown almost grayish discharge a week ago and for past 6 days it's been really dark brown witch is there when I wipe but has also been leaking on to my yowl but only a little, some other symptoms witch I don't know if are related to this or the fact I had a baby 6 month ago is I'm extremely emotional and have been loosing lots of hair and have for the last month been extremely tired think that last bit to do with baby but pains discarge and missed period worries me any one out the any idea what could be happening thanks Angeline xxxxxx
|

replied January 19th, 2012
Missed period, pains and brown discharge
Hi all iv just had my second child 6 month ago my periods been fine since, I always get dark brow discarge at the end of my period but this time I'm 3 weeks late and have been having cramps for about 2 weeks on and off I'm defo not pregnant as iv had a test and also iv got the contraceptive bar in my arm, I started with light brown almost grayish discharge a week ago and for past 6 days it's been really dark brown witch is there when I wipe but has also been leaking on to my yowl but only a little, some other symptoms witch I don't know if are related to this or the fact I had a baby 6 month ago is I'm extremely emotional and have been loosing lots of hair and have for the last month been extremely tired think that last bit to do with baby but pains discarge and missed period worries me any one out the any idea what could be happening thanks Angeline xxxxxx
|

replied June 24th, 2012
I've been late for three mOnths and the other day I started to have this brown discharge. I took 4 pregnancy tests all negative so what is it?
|

replied June 24th, 2012
I've been late for three mOnths and the other day I started to have this brown discharge. I took 4 pregnancy tests all negative so what is it?
|

replied June 28th, 2012
maybe hormonal changes ,I have the same since 1 year gyn.says its everything ok with my uterus, Im going next week to test my hormons I have regular periods with no blood only spoting .
|

replied June 28th, 2012
Really worried!
Hi im 15 and im a virgin. I have been suffering with depression and about nearly two months ago i took an od and I was taken into hospital. the hospital said that everything was fine and i had nothing to worry about. shortly after i was suppose to start my period but instead i got a brownish sort of discharge:/ i sometimes get it before a period but ive had it for over a month now:S it stopped for about a week but then came back:/ i then had blood come through but also the brown discharge. Now the is no blood just that brown stuff:/ ive spoken to my mum about it and she said it was normal it was just my body trying to get back to normal after what had gone on and all the stress:/ my mum went to the doctor and they said it was normal it was just because of stress:/ but im still really worried please help? oh im also not on the pill, ive never been on it:/ Please help me im soo scared:(
|

replied June 29th, 2012
hi!
you shouldnt get worried.
Just give time to your body to come back to normal.
|
Users who thank Finally273 for this post: Jadee97 

replied June 29th, 2012
I'm just really worried cause ive had it for a month now:/ but thank you for replying to my previous post:)
|
12 >>