Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Am I Pregnant Forum

Brown discharge for 12 days n i have pcos

Must Read
Birth control is helpful in preventing pregnancy. Need to know more about birth control? Start here to learn more about popular methods of birth control....
You have many birth control options. Each works differently. What are the choices and what should you consider in order to help you make your decision? ...
Each method of birth control comes with risks to your health. What are the general problems you could encounter?...
hi.i have pcos n my periods are irrregular n since 3 months i did nt hav my periods n now since 12 days i am having brown discharge,though not heavy but i can see it when i go to toilet.i am just worried as why is this happening.as it never happened to me before.was it implantation bleeding.can i be pregnant.i took pregnancy test twice but it came out negative.i just wanted to know what's happening to me.my gp wanted me to wait for one more week n take the pregnancy test again.plz plz help. Thanks in advance to all....
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper Raheefir
|

User Profile
replied October 15th, 2011
Hi,
Welcome to ehealthforum,
You can have occasional egg release from ovary even with PCOS changes and hence chances of pregnancy are possible (if you are not on any form of birth control measures). The bleeding could be suggestive of probable ovulation bleeding or even implantation bleeding (if it occurred after 6-12 days of last intercourse). Urine pregnancy test kits usually start showing positive results after about 20 days post-conception (roughly corresponding to about a week after your missed periods). Sometimes urine pregnancy tests can keep showing you false negative results during early pregnancy as the kits are calibrated ones, so unless the hormone levels in urine reach a certain level, they do not show positive results. Wait and watch for your next periods. If you do not get your periods within 10 days of expected period dates, or if you get abnormal periods, or if you develop symptoms suggestive of pregnancy, you should consider visiting your gynecologist for thorough examination (to confirm pregnancy related changes/signs in body) and blood/serum HCG level test (to confirm/rule out pregnancy accurately). You may also consider taking a repeat urine pregnancy test (on an early morning first urine sample) after 7-10 days to see if you get positive results, or get it confirmed by a blood HCG test (avoid lot of fluid intake or caffeinated beverage intake in the previous night before test). Be in regular monitoring and follow-up with your treating doctor/gynecologist and report any new/abnormal symptoms immediately. Take adequate rest. Drink plenty of water. Maintain healthy diet and lifestyle.
Take care.

|

replied July 18th, 2012
pcos and possibly prego
I have pcos as well and am currently being treated for it, my cycle for the past 3months have been well since on the meds and recently about 3days before my period was suppose to arrive I had brown discharge, it appeared on my pantys as a nickel size and every time I wype although I didnt need a pad or anything, I did have cramping. On late friday to saturday morning it was gone and my period didnt show up... todays makes it 5days since my missed period,and for the past 2 days my private feel slightly funny (I cant explain) am I preganant or is this because of my pcos condition... I also read that it can be old blood but again I saw no sign of red and this was before my period was pose to show and not during or towards the end.. I see my docor soon but I need opinions... plzzzz
|

User Profile
replied July 18th, 2012
Hello all Smile i too have pcos and i ovulated about a month and a half ago. I had intercourse during that time and now recently am showing signs of pregnancy. Ie: back ache, cramps, had spotting about two weeks ago. I have taken 3 hpt tests all of which turned out negative however i just have this gut feeling that i am indeed pregnant. breasts are sore and i just have all the classic symptoms including light nausea. I've never felt this way before. Is it possible to get a false negative result omen an hpt with pcos? If anyone has any insights please let me know Smile thanks!
|

User Profile
replied September 12th, 2012
Hello ladies. I too have pcos. I have the brown discharge u r talking about every month. I do not have periods. This dark discharge is like my period bc it happens every month though at irregular times. My obgyb explaned to me what it was. Women w pcos since we do not have regular menstrals or in some they are not present at all, over time we still build up a uterin lining and it does just not shed. As time passed the top layer of blood gets exposed to the air in our bodies turning the blood brown. The body cleanses itself naturaly even in women w pcos. It's just your body clearing out that old blood. If u was pregnant implantation bleeding only lasts a day or two if that. I'm sure your fine. Even women with healthy cycles sometimes have this brown blood either in the begining or end of the menstral. Hope this helps.
|

replied August 2nd, 2013
am i pregnant
hi
i have pcos n irregular periods now i missed my period its been 1 week.. v r planning for a baby but i have no pregnancy symtoms at all..i had a pregnancy test its negative.. i have urine infection as well... please let me know what should i do now..
|

replied October 11th, 2013
Need help
I m hving brown discharge fr nearly a week before my periods.My periods date is on 16th oct.Am i pregnant?I just gt married 6mnths ago nd doesnt want to conceive nw....pls suggest wht is happ ing to me
|

replied December 8th, 2013
hi I to have pco and normally have a period once a year but am on metformin and am up to the highest dosage 2500mg a day, I had a period 31st oct and started spotting 2 weeks ago just before I was ment to have my next period but still haven't come on and am still spotting with brown discharge and sometimes pink when I whipe, I have no signs of pregnancy and have done 2 test that show that I am not but what can this discharge/ spotting be I haven't had it before, I am just over a week late to have my period.
|

replied January 20th, 2014
Confused and seeking advise
Hello,
I also have PCOS and started my period on Jan 3rd like a normal period and they lasted until Jan 17th near the end it was mostly red spotting. Today we are Jan 20th and I am presently having brown discharge I have never experienced this before. I am presently off all fertility medication as I wanted to give my body a rest. Could I be pregnant? if not as anyone else experienced this?
|
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Am I Pregnant , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.